• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
yeahh yeah thats completely fine. Thankss...

Umm I had a question about the second last page from the notes you linked.. (screenshot attached)
(0,3) pe banana tha na hum ne.... this diagram is wrong... hai na? it is made on (0,-3) Just want to make sure...
Yup. It should be (0,3). :)

Reaction score
answers topples and then does not topple help bros
i would like to advise you bro!
This kind of questions , from the text book are VERY complicated ,
and according to our exam point of view , not very hard question are coming ..
so what i advice you is to , do pastpapers ONLY ... this questions squeeze your mind for nothing!

Reaction score
i would like to advise you bro!
This kind of questions , from the text book are VERY complicated ,
and according to our exam point of view , not very hard question are coming ..
so what i advice you is to , do pastpapers ONLY ... this questions squeeze your mind for nothing!
hehe u are right and at times those answers are also wrong

Reaction score
hi, i really need help with A-level maths. I got no teacher in school and i am having lots of problems. I really need help with some notes and websites for both pure maths and stats.
thanx

Reaction score
Thanks a lot bro, really appreciate it.
I'll be grateful if you could also help me with no. 5(i) of the same paper (October/November 2008). It looks pretty simple, but I'm getting the remainder as: 3x+(a-6).. and I can't find the value of a using this remainder. Please help!

Untitled.png

Reaction score
Can someone do Second part( ii ) of Both question only

Attachments

• 123.png
    123.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Hi again,
i stumbled upon the questions (8 & 10) attached and i couldn't solve them, i asked on different websites, i searched youtube, searched the web but none explained what should i do and how should i solve them, i'm also studying at home by myself and i don't have a teacher to ask so if someone can help me solve the question and more importantly explain it to me that would be graceful!

Attachments

• 2014-02-14 18.37.39.jpg
    2014-02-14 18.37.39.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Reaction score
(i) Pythagoras → OT = 13, QT = 8 cm
Angle POQ = tan–1(12/5) = 1.176
S = rθ → 5.88
→ Perimeter = 25.9 cm

Hello I'm uploading a question of paper 1 of maths and it seems very accessable however some thought is missing as I can't solve it out. In the markscheme it says that tan^-1 (12/5) would give 1.176 and I don't understand this. Can someone explain me plzzz.

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
(i) Pythagoras → OT = 13, QT = 8 cm
Angle POQ = tan–1(12/5) = 1.176
S = rθ → 5.88
→ Perimeter = 25.9 cm

Hello I'm uploading a question of paper 1 of maths and it seems very accessable however some thought is missing as I can't solve it out. In the markscheme it says that tan^-1 (12/5) would give 1.176 and I don't understand this. Can someone explain me plzzz.

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
Hi again,
i stumbled upon the questions (8 & 10) attached and i couldn't solve them, i asked on different websites, i searched youtube, searched the web but none explained what should i do and how should i solve them, i'm also studying at home by myself and i don't have a teacher to ask so if someone can help me solve the question and more importantly explain it to me that would be graceful!
I like the doubt it made me think for a while so here's what i did
for 8) i found the sum of n=1,n=2 and n=3 i could keep going just to be more sure but 3 are enough
i found sum of 1st n terms is -1
sum of 2nd n terms is 4
sum of 3rd n terms is 15
as we know sum of 1st term is -1 that makes it obvious first term is -1
so we have -1,y,z
y and z are 2nd and the 3rd term respectively
as we know sum of 2nd n terms is 4 that means -1+y=4
and so for the 3rd -1+y+z=15
we will get y=5 and z=11
we have -1,5,11
now lets see if its AP or GP
if its GP then un=an^(n-1) lets try that out
5=-1*2^(2-1)
5=2 that is wrong And by now you will know its not GP
lets see if its AP then un=a+(n-1)d (d is the difference between the terms here ist 5-(-1)=6)
5=-1+(2-1)6
5=5 hence proved :D
you can try for the 3rd which will be
11=-1+(3-1)6
11=11
For the next question you asked you should do the same but if you want me to do it i will do it by the way the first term is 1 and the common difference is 4
I hope i helped :) and if i did you always free to ask more questions