• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
My apologies for posting in the wrong thread! and yeah..I'm in A'Level sooo I'v to do it? :( was so excited to skip :p you know that excitement when you can't understand something and you check the syllabus with the hope that it isn't included :D
If it's in your syllabus then yes :p
& Hahaha! I can relate :p

Reaction score
Reaction score
XijUSwf.jpg

How do we know if we draw a line through AD it bisects the angle EDC as mentioned in the above answer post? According to Examiner report the assumption angle EDA = angle FAD = 70° is wrong. Please help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since ED is parallel to AB and FA is parallel to DC, angle EDA equals BAD...just imagine like you rotate EDC upside down, image:rotated.png
compare it with the FAB line, aren't they the same?, the double-arrowed parallel line running in the same way as the single-arrowed ones... this I did just to give you an idea why the angle EDA equals BAD and as the mark scheme says EDA does not FAD, it is true: FAD equals DAB not EBA....hope I explained

Reaction score
Since ED is parallel to AB and FA is parallel to DC, angle EDA equals BAD...just imagine like you rotate EDC upside down, image:View attachment 58912
compare it with the FAB line, aren't they the same?, the double-arrowed parallel line running in the same way as the single-arrowed ones... this I did just to give you an idea why the angle EDA equals BAD and as the mark scheme says EDA does not FAD, it is true: FAD equals DAB not EBA....hope I explained
So how do you find angle EDA? You cant just assume drawing a line from A to D will halve the the angle EDC (140).

Reaction score
XijUSwf.jpg

How do we know if we draw a line through AD it bisects the angle EDC as mentioned in the above answer post? According to Examiner report the assumption angle EDA = angle FAD = 70° is wrong. Please help.
What's your question? You need EFA?