• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Which topic do you find the hardest? I find relative velocity the most challenging.
Same :) Funny thing is I didn't know it was in the syllabus until 2 months back :S My book had it at the end, which had mechanics so I just skipped it. I'm about done with it though. And, yes, it is the hardest topic... Hopefully it wont come this year :D

Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb...

Stuck somewhere in Maths?? Post your queries here! Members around will help you InshaAllah.

NOTE: If you have any doubt in the pastpper questions, then kindly post the link to the paper!

May Allah give us all success in this world as well as the HereAfter...Aameen!!

SEQUENCES-Points to remember:
Many people find it hard, but to be honest it's just more of logic..that's all!

Sequences!

Using log for indices.

A car is bought for $12,500. Its value loses 15% per year. After how many years will its value be less than $1000

Please tell me the procedure and yeah. I have the FX 570MS as my calculator. So when should I use my calculator in the exam and when should I show full working

THANKS

Reaction score
Same :) Funny thing is I didn't know it was in the syllabus until 2 months back :S My book had it at the end, which had mechanics so I just skipped it. I'm about done with it though. And, yes, it is the hardest topic... Hopefully it wont come this year :D
I am really scared. They did not ask it in May June or Oct Nov 2014(those questions where you have to draw the diagram for aeroplanes, boats .etc). How prepared are you?

Reaction score
I am really scared. They did not ask it in May June or Oct Nov 2014(those questions where you have to draw the diagram for aeroplanes, boats .etc). How prepared are you?
From a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being completely prepared, I'd say 6.
Relative Velocity is insanely tough at times. The thing about Relative Velocity is that you don't even know whether you're doing the right steps or not. But for the other questions, you can at least check your final answers and get an idea of whether you've done the right steps or not :/

However, if you get the right diagram, there's no chance of going wrong unless you really screw up. The real problem lies in drawing the diagram =__=

Reaction score
From a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being completely prepared, I'd say 6.
Relative Velocity is insanely tough at times. The thing about Relative Velocity is that you don't even know whether you're doing the right steps or not. But for the other questions, you can at least check your final answers and get an idea of whether you've done the right steps or not :/

However, if you get the right diagram, there's no chance of going wrong unless you really screw up. The real problem lies in drawing the diagram =__=
Yeah drawing the diagram is really hard.