• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb...

Stuck somewhere in Maths?? Post your queries here! Members around will help you InshaAllah.

NOTE: If you have any doubt in the pastpper questions, then kindly post the link to the paper!

May Allah give us all success in this world as well as the HereAfter...Aameen!!

SEQUENCES-Points to remember:
Many people find it hard, but to be honest it's just more of logic..that's all!

Sequences!

Using log for indices.

YEAH ,, Wa'alaikumusalaam... SPECIMEN PAPER 2015 LAST QUESTION...(DARN IT LOST ALL 9 MARKS )
#CONFUSING

Reaction score
How Do I Factorize ?
You mainly just bring all multiples of the timetable that has the number you're factorizing as in when we say for example factors of 36 then it would be 1,2,3,4,6,9,12,18.. all these numbers has in their timetable a number that's gives a product of 36 as in 2 it's 2x18. I hope you get it! :)

Reaction score
guys , do we have the log function in maths 0580 extended in our syllabus????

Thanks in advance.........

Reaction score
I have one question on the marking of these papers, do they give all marks if answer is correct or the correct method should also be there?
What if the method is different from the one in marking scheme but answer is correct, is full credit awarded then?

can anyone help me with this?

Reaction score
You should know how to carry out log functions because there are some indices questions that are really hard !!
Thanks for your help
Furthermore, I need an example of how to use it
can anyone quote a question and solve it relating to log function .............
Thanks in advance (again).....:)

Reaction score
You mainly just bring all multiples of the timetable that has the number you're factorizing as in when we say for example factors of 36 then it would be 1,2,3,4,6,9,12,18.. all these numbers has in their timetable a number that's gives a product of 36 as in 2 it's 2x18. I hope you get it! :)
Thank You IT WAS VERY HELPFUL :):)

Reaction score
hey
what will happen if i dont attend one exam paper for example maths paper 2 will i get a zero for it or they wont count the whole exam??

Reaction score
hey
what will happen if i dont attend one exam paper for example maths paper 2 will i get a zero for it or they wont count the whole exam??
I think you would just like take a zero on that paper,but nope paper 4 if you did it will be counted but you would lose the A*/A range threshold and be going for a D or a C.

Reaction score
How do you do number 19 in winter 2013, paper 22.
It's about vectors in a regular hexagon. please explain and help

Reaction score
assalamulaikum everyone!
does anyone here know anything about may/june 2015 maths or chemistry (both extended) ? PLEASE help if you do know anything!!
i'm done with my ict practicals 2015 session if you need any help let me know
and is any one having their paper 2 before 7 may(am) and their paper 4 before 11 may(am) ???? if yes,then please tell me i'd really appreciate it!
thanks
jazakumallah khair and inshallah our exams are gonna be great!

If u get to knw anything then plz do let me knw too... i am also having my p2 and p4 on same day

Reaction score
Oct/Nov 2014 Paper 22, question 16 b(ii), please help, I tried a lot of times but still didn't get it.

Also, Oct/Nov 2014 Paper 42, question 10(c). Tried 10 times, still couldn't understand *sigh*.

Reaction score
For
Oct/Nov 2014 Paper 22, question 16 b(ii), please help, I tried a lot of times but still didn't get it.

Also, Oct/Nov 2014 Paper 42, question 10(c). Tried 10 times, still couldn't understand *sigh*.

For question 10(c):

Alright first we gather the possibilities. So to get to the 100th place, these are the possible ways:

1. Roll a 3.
2. Roll a 2 on first throw and then a 4 on second throw.
3. Doesn't roll a 2 or 3 on first throw and then rolls a 3 on second throw.

Now we gather the probabilities for each of these cases.
To roll a 3, he can either roll a 1 and 2 on die, or a 2 and 1 on die. Which is (1/6 * 1/6) + (1/6 * 1/6).
Therefore to roll a 3, the probability is 2/36.

Next, for roll a 2 on first throw and 4 on second.
To roll a 2, he needs to roll 1 and 1 on die. Therefore it is (1/6 * 1/6). which is 1/36.
Now to roll a 4 there are numerous possibilities. He can roll a 1 and 3, or a 3 and 1, or a 2 and 2. Calculate the probabilities for this as follows:
(1/6*1/6) + (1/6*1/6) + (1/6*1/6).
Therefore probability for rolling a 4 is 3/36.

Next, we find probability for not rolling a 2 or 3. Which is the same as 1 - (probability of rolling 2 or of rolling 3).
1 - (1/36 + 2/36). This is (1 - 3/36) or 33/36. same thing. And now probabibility of rolling a 3 on second throw will be 2/36 as calculated before.

FINALLY. We calculate all these.
So probabibility of getting a 100 is:
Probability of rolling a 3, OR, not rolling 2 or 3 on first throw, AND rolling 3 on second, OR probability of rolling a 2 on first throw AND 4 on second. Remember OR is adding. AND is multiplying.
[2/36] + [1-(3/36) * 2/36] + [1/36 * 3/36]

And that gives the final answer of 47/432. If you check the calculation above is similiar to one in marking scheme!

If you need any clarification on this, let me know.
Cheers

Reaction score
For

For question 10(c):

Alright first we gather the possibilities. So to get to the 100th place, these are the possible ways:

1. Roll a 3.
2. Roll a 2 on first throw and then a 4 on second throw.
3. Doesn't roll a 2 or 3 on first throw and then rolls a 3 on second throw.

Now we gather the probabilities for each of these cases.
To roll a 3, he can either roll a 1 and 2 on die, or a 2 and 1 on die. Which is (1/6 * 1/6) + (1/6 * 1/6).
Therefore to roll a 3, the probability is 2/36.

Next, for roll a 2 on first throw and 4 on second.
To roll a 2, he needs to roll 1 and 1 on die. Therefore it is (1/6 * 1/6). which is 1/36.
Now to roll a 4 there are numerous possibilities. He can roll a 1 and 3, or a 3 and 1, or a 2 and 2. Calculate the probabilities for this as follows:
(1/6*1/6) + (1/6*1/6) + (1/6*1/6).
Therefore probability for rolling a 4 is 3/36.

Next, we find probability for not rolling a 2 or 3. Which is the same as 1 - (probability of rolling 2 or of rolling 3).
1 - (1/36 + 2/36). This is (1 - 3/36) or 33/36. same thing. And now probabibility of rolling a 3 on second throw will be 2/36 as calculated before.

FINALLY. We calculate all these.
So probabibility of getting a 100 is:
Probability of rolling a 3, OR, not rolling 2 or 3 on first throw, AND rolling 3 on second, OR probability of rolling a 2 on first throw AND 4 on second. Remember OR is adding. AND is multiplying.
[2/36] + [1-(3/36) * 2/36] + [1/36 * 3/36]

And that gives the final answer of 47/432. If you check the calculation above is similiar to one in marking scheme!

If you need any clarification on this, let me know.
Cheers

WoW ,,,, Brilliant explanation
thanks for it
Even though I am not the one who asked but it helps a bunch .......
Thaaaaaaaaanks ...... best clarification of probability......

Reaction score
Thank you so much. Your explanation was amazing! :)
Although I do have one doubt, what if he gets 2 in his first throw and lands on 96 and gets a 3 again? Why don't we take that into account? Or is it because of the fact that we have to consider ONLY the possibilities which will make sure that he wins in his NEXT 2 throws?

Thanks once again! :D

Reaction score
QUESTION 11 Part b(i )and question 6 probability part c please help this MAY JUNE 2014 V 43

IN MAY JUNE 2014 V 42 I do have doubts too in

Question 11 I can't understand what does the question even want me to do please I need full explanation roughly written on paper
Question 9 probability part (E) My answer was (3/4)^4 *1/4 as the question said at least one day the weather won't be fine I simply got the probability of being fine for four days and multiplied it by the probability of one day of not being fine and sadly that's was wrong.

I hope someone could help me I'll really appreciate it.

Attachments

• 0580_s14_qp_43.pdf
    501.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 0580_s14_qp_42.pdf
    460.5 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
S
Re: Maths made easy =) stuck sumwhere?Ask ur doubts here!!

Hey guyz....i really need all ure help.....can u plzzz tell me abt shear and stretch and do some solved questions on them...also i want to knw the answers of sum past prz questions... i cnt understand dem!!! they r: M/J 2010 paper 41 Q2 part b, Q7 part c, Q11 part c, O/N 06 paper 2 Q 5, Q 19 part b, M/J 2010 paper 43 Q10 part b, M/J 2010 paper 42 Q3 part d, Q4 part c, Q5 part c, Q9 part c, M/J 2010 paper 21 Q10...plzzzz do help me :( :( :( ...i m very bad at maths :cry: :cry: and many more questions r cuming soon :oops: :oops: :oops: .
stretch and shear were out of 2015 syllabus