• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: Maths made easy =) stuck sumwhere?Ask ur doubts here!!

Hi,
I would really appreciate anyone's help.
I need someone to solve this question:
May/June 2010 paper 4 variant 2 qs 3d
and
May/June 2010 paper 2 variant 1 qs 6a

Thanks...

Reaction score

Oo Thanks a billion Nibz!! Much appreciated! :)) M gonna give my exams this summer :/ M/J 2011

Reaction score

AnnoyingCarrot123 said:
Hi,
I would really appreciate anyone's help.
I need someone to solve this question:
May/June 2010 paper 4 variant 2 qs 3d
and
May/June 2010 paper 2 variant 1 qs 6a

Thanks...

MJ 2010 Paper 2 (V-1) Q-6-a
Use your scientific calculator! The answer would be 0.461939

MJ 2010 Paper 4 (V-2) Q-3-d
5 is it! If I'm not wrong...

Reaction score

Now where to put the brackets coz u cant directly enter the equation into ur calculator... There must be brackets.
However, i knew how to solve these 2 questions :D so thx for ur help, really appreciate ur reply :D

Reaction score

AnnoyingCarrot123 said:
Now where to put the brackets coz u cant directly enter the equation into ur calculator... There must be brackets.
However, i knew how to solve these 2 questions :D so thx for ur help, really appreciate ur reply :D
Well of course you can...Get the new Casio one, you would be able to write the same question on the calculator! :)
No problem, cheers! :)

Reaction score

sir / i had problems with vectors .
and the sequences , in which we have to make the nth term.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Re: IGCSE Maths Tips nov.2010!Confused!have questions?Post h

Assalamoalikum!!

himanshu1995 said:
and the sequences , in which we have to make the nth term.

Look ....Sequence seems to be hard but actually if u use a little bit of ur brain :p u will surely find it easy!!Believe me!!Just look at the question ....the first few parts are easy and the next part which u will find hard ...will be based on these easy parts that is a combination of those answers or there will be some relation which varies according to the question!!
Eg.if u r given a table with first four columns like n=1 ....to ....n=4 and then u wil have a column for n
this table will have info abt three sequences and u will have to find the nth term!!now the first two will be simple one ...like some addition or multiplication which u can do by the rules or formulas u have...however for finding the third one u will have a problem...but if u look carefully u will find that there may be some relation with the first two sequences...may be multiplying the first two gives the third one or adding them may give the third one ...so what ever it is u will find nth term in the same way like suppose the first two are multiplied togethr to give the third one so to find the nth term for the third one u multiply the nth terms of the first two!!That simple.... :)

Hope this helps !!
Jazak ALlah Khair!!

TSZ

Reaction score

Hey guyz....i really need all ure help.....can u plzzz tell me abt shear and stretch and do some solved questions on them...also i want to knw the answers of sum past prz questions... i cnt understand dem!!! they r: M/J 2010 paper 41 Q2 part b, Q7 part c, Q11 part c, O/N 06 paper 2 Q 5, Q 19 part b, M/J 2010 paper 43 Q10 part b, M/J 2010 paper 42 Q3 part d, Q4 part c, Q5 part c, Q9 part c, M/J 2010 paper 21 Q10...plzzzz do help me :( :( :( ...i m very bad at maths :cry: :cry: and many more questions r cuming soon :oops: :oops: :oops: .

Reaction score

Oct/Nov 2006 Paper 2:

Q.5. Formula of simple interest: Pxnxr/100 <------- P=price, n=no. of years, r=rate in % You could substitute the values now, you will arrive to $10.

Q.19.b. Take the coordinate which are (0,5) and (10,0)
y=mx+c where m=gradient (which you found in the above part; -0.5)
=> y=-0.5x+c Now substitute the coordinates, any one, I always prefer to use 0 as the value of x so I don't have to calculate much
= 5=-0.5(0)+c
= c= 5
so the equation is y=-0.5x+5 or y=5-0.5x

May/June 2010 Paper 2 Variant 2:
Q.10. 5x3.5+2x1.5
= root 1.5^2+3.5^2

May/June 2010 Paper 4 Variant 1:

Q.2.b. 190+3n/40+n

Q.7.c. You have to clearly look at A LOG. Look at the log at the bottom left corner (one with D and E) carefully observe it, and right the angles, you will see that it adds to 120.

Q.11.c. Oo! The nth term. Read the post by Math_angel above your post, and you will be able to solve it, you have to find the difference and write the answer. It would be n^2 for white dots and 2n+3 for the black.

May/June 2010 Paper 4 Variant 2:

Q.3.d. 5

Q.4.c. i. (0 -1)
(-1 0)

ii. (1 0)
(0 3) <------- I highly recommend you going to your subject teacher and asking this. This is very important and I'm sure you won't understand here.

iii. (1 0)
(0 1/3)

Q5. a. a^2=b^2+c^2-2bc x cos A <----- Substitute the values a=90 b=115 c=180. You can find cos a, don't you? (cos inverse and all)
b. i.150-25(from (a)) = 125
ii. 180+125= 305
c. 180 x cos 35
d. 90 x sin 30/ sin 70 <--- sin rule
e. 1:2000000 <--- 2000000 is always the answer to such questions, mostly :p

Q.9.c. 180(n-2)/n <--- Direct question!

May/June 2010 Paper 4 Variant 3:

Q.10. The same question came in my mock 2 math exam. It's about sequence, read the post by Math_angel as said above, I will give you the answers. Though the last question is ALWAYS the combination of the above! Here:
a. You could do this part I suppose, just draw dots by look at Diagram 3, pattern!

b. Diagram 4 5 ............................... n
16 25 n^2
25 41 given
16 20 4n
41 61 n^2(n+1)^2 <---- combination of 1st and 2nd

No need to thank me. Thank the Almighty Allah who made me see this post and gave me energy to look and type the answers. He's the magnificent. He's great! :)
If you have any doubts regarding this or any other question do let me know. I just ask one thing in return; pray that Allah give my family good health and I score all A*'s in this May/June 2011 session like my elder siblings. If you don't do it, I will still help you, there is absolutely no problem.
Hope this helps,
Basim Nazir

Reaction score

What is the paper code of these questions? IGCSE Maths 0580?

TSZ

Reaction score

well Basim Nazir, u do deserve a thnku...u've spent a lot of time doing dis 'nd helped me bt i still hve sum problems relating these topics. first of all, in the oct nov 2006 paper 2, isn't the question 5 abt a tower alongside a boat of length 33m, 'nd u have to find the length of the tower 'nd question 19 part b abt finding the values of x and y using matrix multiplication. Also i asked abt may june 2010 paper 2 variant 1. In may june 2010 paper 4 variant 1 question 2 part b, hw u gt the ans, like 190+3n/40+n, vat is the logic? Q4 part c, hw do u find the matrix because i knw da matrice(rote memorization) bt wat calculation do u show, i asked him, he says no just write the matrix no need for calculation bt i dunt knw if dats right. now Q 5 part c y did u multiply 180 and cos35. Q 9 c, vat values do i put in t he formula? I really appreciate ure help...thnx once again...'nd of course i'll pray 4 ure result 'nd IA u'll get all A*'s and i'll also pray for ure families health.

Reaction score

TSZ said:
well Basim Nazir, u do deserve a thnku...u've spent a lot of time doing dis 'nd helped me bt i still hve sum problems relating these topics. first of all, in the oct nov 2006 paper 2, isn't the question 5 abt a tower alongside a boat of length 33m, 'nd u have to find the length of the tower 'nd question 19 part b abt finding the values of x and y using matrix multiplication. Also i asked abt may june 2010 paper 2 variant 1. In may june 2010 paper 4 variant 1 question 2 part b, hw u gt the ans, like 190+3n/40+n, vat is the logic? Q4 part c, hw do u find the matrix because i knw da matrice(rote memorization) bt wat calculation do u show, i asked him, he says no just write the matrix no need for calculation bt i dunt knw if dats right. now Q 5 part c y did u multiply 180 and cos35. Q 9 c, vat values do i put in t he formula? I really appreciate ure help...thnx once again...'nd of course i'll pray 4 ure result 'nd IA u'll get all A*'s and i'll also pray for ure families health.

I can make his work easier if you tell me the paper code??

Reaction score

hi ppl! i wanted to know if the math syllabus has changed from 2000( or another year perhaps), because i have papers from 1996 and if it has changed then i wont bother solving those because theres not much time anyways.. , and i heard that last years format was a bit different than other years, so could any1 give me some tips on that..
thnx in advance.. :)

Reaction score

lavender said:
hi ppl! i wanted to know if the math syllabus has changed from 2000( or another year perhaps), because i have papers from 1996 and if it has changed then i wont bother solving those because theres not much time anyways.. , and i heard that last years format was a bit different than other years, so could any1 give me some tips on that..
btw im talking about 0580 papers!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

Assalamoalaikum!!

lavender said:

Well there are slight changes i guess in the pattern....sequences wasnt there before..

btw maths is a subject u learn from practice...so practice as much as u can :!: :)

Reaction score

lavender said:
lavender said:
btw im talking about 0580 papers!!

Its the same I guess form last year I mean...

Reaction score

Math_angel said:
Assalamoalaikum!!

lavender said:

Well there are slight changes i guess in the pattern....sequences wasnt there before..

btw maths is a subject u learn from practice...so practice as much as u can :!: :)
agree with Math_Angel !! :)

Reaction score

Salam guys,

i have a really important question for every1 can anyone give me link for the chapter called Circles in MAThs i really want to understand tht topic bt i can't soo plzz help

P.s: i wanna learn the properties of circles

best regards
BURhan nauman..

Reaction score

burhannauman said:
Salam guys,

i have a really important question for every1 can anyone give me link for the chapter called Circles in MAThs i really want to understand tht topic bt i can't soo plzz help

P.s: i wanna learn the properties of circles

best regards
BURhan nauman..

Walikum Salaam!

YOU WILL FIND EVERYTHING HERE

Use the Websites or Download the Maths file, there in is the Maths.pdf file you will find about circles in it....