• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics A Level (9709)

Reaction score
does anyone find this exam one of the hardest exams ever ??
Actually i just did 4 practice tests :p out of them i find this the 2nd hardest..the hardest to me was june 08 and it had a GT 49 for an A :p so keep ur hopes up and prayy :p 52 tk ho fit hai bohtt!!

Reaction score
sometimes in cross product if u put the two vectors wrong way around , u get wrong answer, and did ur equation satisfy both a and b? thats the first test to check if ur ans is correct.......
I didnt check because when i was practising i always got it the answer of the cross product right :p so it'd be weird that i get the wrong answer :p well i guess this question is for the mark scheme to decide..unless u can remember the values of OA OB and OC..if someone does remember please tell me :p ill ask my sir..

Reaction score
Actually i just did 4 practice tests :p out of them i find this the 2nd hardest..the hardest to me was june 08 and it had a GT 49 for an A :p so keep ur hopes up and prayy :p 52 tk ho fit hai bohtt!!
i did all papers from 2002 to 2012 and my lowest marks were like 60 that too in a may june 2012 paper wich had gt of 56 for a.............

Reaction score
I didnt check because when i was practising i always got it the answer of the cross product right :p so it'd be weird that i get the wrong answer :p well i guess this question is for the mark scheme to decide..unless u can remember the values of OA OB and OC..if someone does remember please tell me :p ill ask my sir..
ok...i always got cross product wrong!!!! so i choose the other method, it may take more steps...but less likely to make mistakes....

Reaction score
ok...i always got cross product wrong!!!! so i choose the other method, it may take more steps...but less likely to make mistakes....
Lol. Well u might be right since i studied for 2 weeks and well u studied way more then me :p So hows S1 prep?

Reaction score
Lol. Well u might be right since i studied for 2 weeks and well u studied way more then me :p So hows S1 prep?
dnt know, just hope gt is low...i guess i need 40+/50 for an A* in math, stat prep is far better then pure three...stat just happens to be my fav sub........te permutations n combinations, binomial theorm, etc...all interesting

Reaction score
dnt know, just hope gt is low...i guess i need 40+/50 for an A* in math, stat prep is far better then pure three...stat just happens to be my fav sub........te permutations n combinations, binomial theorm, etc...all interesting
Lol. Well ive studied Stat for 2 weeks also :p but im naturally good at it :p Thanku Allah :p if i get around 45 ill guarantee myself an A inshAllah..A* was out of the equation since my M1 went quite bad..it was a tough paper..toughest M1 ever..may/june 2012..A was at 31 and after the paper i was sure i was gone get 32 lol...

Reaction score
Lol. Well ive studied Stat for 2 weeks also :p but im naturally good at it :p Thanku Allah :p if i get around 45 ill guarantee myself an A inshAllah..A* was out of the equation since my M1 went quite bad..it was a tough paper..toughest M1 ever..may/june 2012..A was at 31 and after the paper i was sure i was gone get 32 lol...
yeh, m1 was tough...te toughest infact hoping that s1 isnt as tough!!!!

Reaction score
my avg in past papers was 74/75 i finished all past papers twice!!!! still i LEFT 26 marks n ik 5 marks more r wrong? how bad was my paper? any one else found it extreamly tough? i could have solved all questions if i had time to think very hard. if they r increasing the difficulty , increasing college requirements, they should increase the time also! :( bad paper. my nightmare came true. never thought that it will go this bad!
100% reappear btw i took 32

Reaction score
my avg in past papers was 74/75 i finished all past papers twice!!!! still i LEFT 26 marks n ik 5 marks more r wrong? how bad was my paper? any one else found it extreamly tough? i could have solved all questions if i had time to think very hard. if they r increasing the difficulty , increasing college requirements, they should increase the time also! :( bad paper. my nightmare came true. never thought that it will go this bad!
100% reappear btw i took 32
yea bro this was the toughest paper ever even much harder than june 2008 i lost about 20-25 marks ,i guess it may be the lowest GT EVER!!

Reaction score
i saw
check this OUT...................
ur answers were almost correct except for the d differential equations where in there was no e^ anything it was simply y=(x^2+4)/(x^2-4) maybe plus and mnus signs interchanged but this is for sure.and yes ur values of 0.693 and 5.6 are absolutely rite.but this ppr was not that easy

Reaction score
hey guys i confirmed the question about the INFINITI gradient, it actually was MY answer.............i am shocked to see ke mera jahil tukka sahi nikla.... the tangent is infact at (o.692,5.65) has gradient of infiniti, but i will loose 1 mark for mixing up x and y..... see thisUntitled.png

Reaction score
Does anyone have "Grade thresholds taken for Syllabus 9709 (Mathematics) in the Nov 2012 examination"?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the grade (1,2,3,4,5,6,.....)I would get in Mathematics 9709 paper 32 If i got 61 out of 75 and that the paper was a little tough?

Reaction score
a
Can anyone tell me the grade (1,2,3,4,5,6,.....)I would get in Mathematics 9709 paper 32 If i got 61 out of 75 and that the paper was a little tough?
definitely an A.moreover u have chances to get about like 88% i the threshold is like 55.....good score
basically anything above a 60/75 would fetch u an A