• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics A Level (9709)

Reaction score
shukar hai i found a new thread, mujhe saray answers bhoolne lagay thay......any ways if any one remembers the coordinates of vectors, please post soon, i got under root 18 as the distance from C to line AB (perp) dist. the following was my method, form line equation for ab, subtract coordinates of C from it and mike this a dot product wit displacement of A to B and equal to zero, you get value of lambda. put lambda in line equation and get point of intersection. subtract coordinate of C from this and i got (4,1,-1) the under root (16+1+1)= under root 18.......
one friend of mine got lamda=2 and another friend got -2!

Reaction score
it was a **cked up exam to be honest, the time wasn't enough, and it was difficult, why is cambridge doing that to us :'( im in a depressing mood right now cause of the exam and i hope the curve will be low :l i was hoping to get an A* but it isnt possible anymore haha, oh gosh how much i hate cambridge right now :(

Reaction score
Hi....goodman12...your first answer might be a wee bit wrong...the answer is between .4 and 5...maybe its a typo? As for the differential equation...i obtained C= - ln2...hence by simplifying it further you get an answer like y=x^2-4/(something)...im 80% sure of this..because many of the smart guys in my class obtained such an answer.......the paper was quite simple really...except for the y axis tangent question and the complex number question for 6 marks...i messed that up...hoping for a score above 50/75!!

Reaction score
The vectors answer was 4.24(under root 18) your plane equation seems to be right..i got a answer like that with no 'y' component and d value 52 or something..after that you had to simplify...

Reaction score
yes
Hi....goodman12...your first answer might be a wee bit wrong...the answer is between .4 and 5...maybe its a typo? As for the differential equation...i obtained C= - ln2...hence by simplifying it further you get an answer like y=x^2-4/(something)...im 80% sure of this..because many of the smart guys in my class obtained such an answer.......the paper was quite simple really...except for the y axis tangent question and the complex number question for 6 marks...i messed that up...hoping for a score above 50/75!!
u are right, my deffrential equation, i made careless mistake, but i am sure the first one is correct, : it was 22+18 and 22-18, so we get 4/10 and 40/10.......

Reaction score
shukar hai i found a new thread, mujhe saray answers bhoolne lagay thay......any ways if any one remembers the coordinates of vectors, please post soon, i got under root 18 as the distance from C to line AB (perp) dist. the following was my method, form line equation for ab, subtract coordinates of C from it and mike this a dot product wit displacement of A to B and equal to zero, you get value of lambda. put lambda in line equation and get point of intersection. subtract coordinate of C from this and i got (4,1,-1) the under root (16+1+1)= under root 18.......
Finallyyyy yes it was underoot 18 and i also confirmed it from my maths Sir :p turns out he gave us the same question (but the values were different DUH!) :p , when he was teaching us this concept :p and well ive asked a lot of students who appeared with us in Dreamland motel :p the centre for private students..turn out almost 90% of them have lost about 20-25 marks so its safe to say the GT will be around 55-57 for A (y)

Reaction score
w
Finallyyyy yes it was underoot 18 and i also confirmed it from my maths Sir :p turns out he gave us the same question (but the values were different DUH!) :p , when he was teaching us this concept :p and well ive asked a lot of students who appeared with us in Dreamland motel :p the centre for private students..turn out almost 90% of them have lost about 20-25 marks so its safe to say the GT will be around 55-57 for A (y)
hey bro it sure will be less because last june was 56 to for A ,and this exam was extremely harder than june so it may be around 53 -50

Reaction score
check this OUT...................
okay so that parrellel to y axis question i asked my maam but she couldnt understand the question but a student in my class just said that even thou he doesnot get the question at all :p he has even studied p3 except for the first 3 chapters :p since im giving A2 earlier than my badge :p he said maybe if we could put the dericative equal to 1/o since its infinitly and byy the looks of it..it does make some sense so i think thats how it shouldve been done :p and that vectors A part..most of the guys with me had a value of y..can u explain how u did that question?..i first found out AB then i cross multiplied it with OC since it was parrllel..then i replaced x,y,z with the given values and got D as 29 :p

Reaction score
okay so that parrellel to y axis question i asked my maam but she couldnt understand the question but a student in my class just said that even thou he doesnot get the question at all :p he has even studied p3 except for the first 3 chapters :p since im giving A2 earlier than my badge :p he said maybe if we could put the dericative equal to 1/o since its infinitly and byy the looks of it..it does make some sense so i think thats how it shouldve been done :p and that vectors A part..most of the guys with me had a value of y..can u explain how u did that question?..i first found out AB then i cross multiplied it with OC since it was parrllel..then i replaced x,y,z with the given values and got D as 29 :p
sometimes in cross product if u put the two vectors wrong way around , u get wrong answer, and did ur equation satisfy both a and b? thats the first test to check if ur ans is correct.......