• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Marraige Age?

Reaction score
referring to farkhanda noor's book in islamiyat she married at 9 n it was solemnised at 10
thats what i was taught in o levels from that book :p
she was in nikah with the prophet when she was 9 snd then moved to his place at 10 or 11 .. thats wat i noe frm a levels

Reaction score
(Y) :p
That line though "modern day man is not satisfied with an answer as simple as that" :p
What matters actually is what the writer has written after that, I hope u ve read that too.
Allah did take responsibility of safeguarding Quran, and not hadiths. And so, I doubt the authentication of hadiths, and for that I posted that link. I might be wrong here, correct me if I am.

And I think, I took the thread way off the topic. We better not discuss that here.

Reaction score
LOL. Stop transferring knowledge this way. None of us is dead sure about Hazrat Aisha(R.A)'s marriage time. Stop with the arguments.
We all should open Quran and search for it. That will surely be more authentic than any other source or book.

Reaction score
LOL. Stop transferring knowledge this way. None of us is dead sure about Hazrat Aisha(R.A)'s marriage time. Stop with the arguments.
We all should open Quran and search for it. That will surely be more authentic than any other source or book.
not everything is mentioned in detail in the Quran .. if you want to know in dept you obviously havto refer to the sahih hadith of the prophet .

is what the writer has written after that, I hope u ve read that too.
yes ofc

And so, I doubt the authentication of hadiths,
seriously!.. how can anyone say that ..?
have you not come acrossverses in the quran that speak abt following the prophet (pbuh)?
  • Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and beware (of evil): if ye do turn back, know ye that it is Our Messenger’s duty to proclaim (the Message) in the clearest manner. (5: 92).
  • O ye who believe! obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: that is best, and most suitable for final determination. (4: 59).
  • Say: “Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger: but if ye turn away, he is only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that placed on you. If ye obey him, ye shall be on right guidance.(24: 54).
  • And whoever obeys Allâh and His Messenger, Allâh shall admit him in the Gardens underneath which rivers flow. (4:13)
  • And whoever obeys Allâh and His Messenger, he has won a great success. (33:71)
  • And we sent no messenger, but that he should be obeyed by the leave of Allâh. (4:64)
the books compiled by the great scholars of islam make it so much ore easier for us to follow the sunnah of the prophet , to learn from his life. alhamdulilah
the amount of hardwork and dedication imam bhukhari, imam muslim, tirmidi, ibn majah etc.. have put is uncomprehending .
if you know Imam bhukhari studied the lives of all the people in the chain in depth. He studied where and when the narrators lived, in order to make sure that if someone narrates from someone else, they must both have been in the same place at the same time and have actually met and discussed hadith. Other hadith scholars did not all require evidence that two consecutive narrators met personally, but Imam al-Bukhari’s strict requirements is what makes his compilation unique.

Imam al-Bukhari also studied the lives of narrators, to make sure they were trustworthy and would not fabricate, or change the wording of a hadith. If he discovered that someone in a chain openly sinned or was not considered trustworthy, that hadith was immediately discarded and not included in his book unless a stronger chain for it existed.

(sorry for going off topic..:p)

Reaction score
When do you think is the right age for a female to get married? Do you agree with Islams teachings that once a girl reaches puberty (girls aged 10-11 reach puberty nowadays) she is fit to be married off? Do you think parents should play a role in deciding when and who their daughters should marry?
I would like to hear your thoughts :)
Right age for girls to get married is around 16-17
Yes parent's role is important in giving out their consent for her marraige to the man she wants to marry! no forcing! that invalidates the nikkah itself

P.s i know 16 -17 seems veeerryyyy young but srsly if u think about the reasons u will too agree :)