• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Marraige Age?

Reaction score
When do you think is the right age for a female to get married? Do you agree with Islams teachings that once a girl reaches puberty (girls aged 10-11 reach puberty nowadays) she is fit to be married off? Do you think parents should play a role in deciding when and who their daughters should marry?
I would like to hear your thoughts :)

Reaction score
When do you think is the right age for a female to get married? Do you agree with Islams teachings that once a girl reaches puberty (girls aged 10-11 reach puberty nowadays) she is fit to be married off? Do you think parents should play a role in deciding when and who their daughters should marry?
I think 25 or 26. #SayNoToEarlyMarriage. :p
They should get married when they know they can do something for themselves in their life.

Reaction score

25 to 26 is an ideal age

i think every mature person on this planet has a right to express his thoughts on every matter
esp when its abt his/her life's important decisions

if a girl doesnt want to get married early unlike her parents her thoughts should be taken under consideration too
i dont mean to say that parents thoughts should b completely neglected
they r our guiders they know whats best for us in life
but the parents n the girl should find a solution acceptable to all

as for the marriage part
if a girl wants to marry some other guy n she knows him really well she should convince her parents n get them to interact with him just so they get to know each other
if the parents still reject him she should know that they r right n want her best
but the parents should not force a girl into marriage either

m sorry idk much stuff abt these things so thats all i could say :p

Reaction score
In order that problems should not arise after marriage the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) recommended that, in the selection of his bride, a man should see her before betrothal lest blindness of choice or an error of judgment should defeat the very purpose of marriage. But this "seeing" is not to be taken as a substitute for the "courtship" of the West. The man should not gaze passionately at his bride-to-be, but only have a critical look at her face and hands to acquaint himself with her personality and beauty. However, if a man so desires, he may appoint a woman to go and interview the proposed bride, so that she may fully describe the type of girl she is.

Since believing men and women are referred to in the Quran, a woman also has the right to look at her potential husband.

The special permission for men and women to see each other with a view to matrimony does not contravene the code of conduct for believing men and women to lower their gaze and be modest which is laid down in the Noble Quran:

Ijbar: A Safety Valve

The consent of both the man and the women is an essential element of marriage, and the Quran gives women a substantial role in choosing their own life partners. It lays down:

"Do not prevent them from marrying their husbands when they agree between themselves in a lawful manner." [Noble Quran 2:232]

However, Imam Malik, one of the four great Imams of the Sunni schools of Islamic jurisprudence, gives a slightly restrictive interpretation to this verse and makes the choice of partner by a Muslim girl subject to the over-ruling power or ijbar of her father or guardian in the interests of the girl herself.

It may sometimes happen that in her immaturity or over-zealousness, a girl may want to marry a man about whom she has distorted information or who does not possess good character or who lacks proper means of livelihood. In such a case, it is better, or rather incumbent upon the girl's father or guardian, that, in the wider interests of the girl, he restrains her from marrying such a worthless man and finds a suitable person to be her husband. Generally speaking, such marriages arranged by fathers and guardians work better than a marriage brought about through western courtship.

The case of Abu Juham bin Hudhaifah and Mu'awiyah ibn Abu Sufyan is relevant here. They proposed marriage to Fatimah bint Ghaith. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) advised Fatimah not to marry either of them on the grounds that Mu'awiyah was then a pauper and Abu Juham was cruel and harsh. So she married Usamah.

copied from: https://www.islamswomen.com/marriage/intro_to_marriage.php

Reaction score
hun if u don't know much about islam
then plz don't talk about it
islam said wen the girl is mature + the girl should accept the guy and no one should force her to marry the guy , do u even think a girl at the age u mentioned could be able to understand wat marriage is ?
I am giving u a simple example
now ur duty is to go read more about islam b4 talking about it

and about the age , any age after graduating uni is great for any girl ( 28 years old is the best in opinion )

Reaction score
hun if u don't know much about islam
then plz don't talk about it
islam said wen the girl is mature + the girl should accept the guy and no one should force her to marry the guy , do u even think a girl at the age u mentioned could be able to understand wat marriage is ?
I am giving u a simple example
now ur duty is to go read more about islam b4 talking about it

and about the age , any age after graduating uni is great for any girl ( 28 years old is the best in opinion )
not defending anybody but what saynotochildabuse meant was he/she just stated the age at which a girl reaches her maturity(nowdays) , apart from the fact that they may or may not be able to take up such a big responsibility at such an age.
if you go to see the life of the Prophet (pbuh) , he married Ayesha (ra) @ the age of 9. why? cause she had attained maturity at at the age of 9. In Islam when a lady under goes puberty she is considered fit for marriage . of-course, today if you tell a 12 or 13 year to get married, its not gonna happen .

res

Reaction score
not defending anybody but what saynotochildabuse meant was he/she just stated the age at which a girl reaches her maturity(nowdays) , apart from the fact that they may or may not be able to take up such a big responsibility at such an age.
if you go to see the life of the Prophet (pbuh) , he married Ayesha (ra) @ the age of 9. why? cause she had attained maturity at at the age of 9. In Islam when a lady under goes puberty she is considered fit for marriage . of-course, today if you tell a 12 or 13 year to get married, its not gonna happen .

res
Well, sweetie we can't compare a human to prophet
Prophet Muhammad had 11 wives, can any muslim have the same no. Of wives? Nope, why? Cuz he is a prophet and god sent him for a special message to be sent to the people. So everything the prophet did was to lead the Muslims to the right path and spread islam and they were all orders from god
Annnnnddddd one last thing scientifically a girl is not completely mature during her teenage life, why? Cuz of adolescence they r emotionally imbalanced and so not all the decisions they take r ryt
So ya

Reaction score

res
but the guy was wrong there, according to what I've read (in Surah Nisa, i guess). Islam talks about the age of 'maturity' there, and not of 'puberty', and that is around 16 I guess.
And it is actually 'preferable' to get married as early after maturity as possible for both men and women. And after puberty it is 'allowed' to get married, with some exceptions, of course. (as I ve heard by some elders and other ppl who have studied about it, I DO NOT have any solid proof or reference for this one)

And, 9??? it was more than that, what i can recall

Last edited:
Reaction score
exactly
There is a huge difference between Puberty and Maturity guys
who says pubertys at 16?? i heard some ppl have it at around 9 or 10
n hazrat ayesha dint exactly get married at 9
she just DECIDED in makkah
n when she turned 10 it was solemnised in Madinah
so considering from the teachings ik its only possible after v hit puberty

sorry if m wrong cuz sadly m not too knowledgeable abt this stuff :/

Reaction score
but the guy was wrong there, according to what I've read (in Surah Nisa, i guess). Islam talks about the age of 'maturity' there, and not of 'puberty', and that is around 16 I guess.
And it is actually 'preferable' to get married as early after maturity as possible for both men and women. And after puberty it is 'allowed' to get married, with some exceptions, of course.

And, 9??? it was more than that, what i can recall
The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) married ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) when she was six years old and the marriage was consummated when she was nine years old. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4840) and Muslim (1422).

totally agreed to what you have to say .. i never said " someone has to get married after attaining maturity"
exactly
There is a huge difference between Puberty and Maturity guys
ofc..

Reaction score
who says pubertys at 16?? i heard some ppl have it at around 9 or 10
n hazrat ayesha dint exactly get married at 9
she just DECIDED in makkah
n when she turned 10 it was solemnised in Madinah
so considering from the teachings ik its only possible after v hit puberty

sorry if m wrong cuz sadly m not too knowledgeable abt this stuff :/
Again
there is a big difference between puberty and maturity
we r talking about maturity
they r talking about puberty

Reaction score
The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) married ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) when she was six years old and the marriage was consummated when she was nine years old. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4840) and Muslim (1422).

totally agreed to what you have to say .. i never said " someone has to get married after attaining maturity"

ofc..
we know sweetie
we r just clearing a doubt

Reaction score
we know sweetie
we r just clearing a doubt
great ..
Well, sweetie we can't compare a human to prophet
Prophet Muhammad had 11 wives, can any muslim have the same no. Of wives? Nope, why? Cuz he is a prophet and god sent him for a special message to be sent to the people. So everything the prophet did was to lead the Muslims to the right path and spread islam and they were all orders from god
Annnnnddddd one last thing scientifically a girl is not completely mature during her teenage life, why? Cuz of adolescence they r emotionally imbalanced and so not all the decisions they take r ryt
So ya
thats exactly what i said earlier.

Reaction score

ofc..
six? I can not believe that. will post soon after confirming. :)

all that ws actually in reply to saynotochildabuse's post.

Reaction score
referring to farkhanda noor's book in islamiyat she married at 9 n it was solemnised at 10
thats what i was taught in o levels from that book :p