• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

MARK scheme???

Reaction score
From wr can i get 2002 junes markscheme for pak std??and are gt present in gce olevel l think they are as in 2004 pak std they published the gt!!!do schools give results directly to students or to parents??frm where can l get gt for second lan urdu and islamiat for igcse??plz reply....

Reaction score
Hey,
Papers in 2002 did not have Mark Schemes, back then there used to be Examiner Reports only, which contained the comments and answers, here's the link to the 2002 papers and examiner reports for Pakistan Studies:
http://www.freeexampapers.com/#O Level/Pakistan Studies/CIE

No, thresholds for O'levels are not published by CIE, the 2004 Pakistan Studies was the only occasion when they posted it.

It depends on the school, they may call you and inform you of your result OR you may be called to school on 13 August and the results will be provided.

I can't find Islamiyat and Urdu in the IGCSE section, I'll contact the mods and inform you.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply..l want to ask that cie does not publish it but they are present right?and your provided link is coming up with an error..:-(

Reaction score
Thanks again..can u plz tell me how gt and percentile work together because l am really confused l would highly appreciate if u answer..:)

Reaction score
Grade thresholds are the number of marks required for getting a specific grade, for e.g. 90 for A*, 80 for A and so on..
Percentiles are found out using cumulative graphs of scores of candidates, they define the thresholds.
In simple enough words, when the paper is easy, the cumulative curve of marks is high, therefore the marks required for an A (for example) are high. Similarly, when the paper is hard, the cumulative curve of marks is low, therefore the marks required for an A (for example) are low.
Generally, it depends on how well the students performed on a particular paper. This defines the number of marks required for an A*, A, B, C and so on...
What they do is that they find out the thresholds for A, C and E and then calculate the thresholds for A*,B and D by calculating the difference in marks.
Hope you get it now!

Reaction score
Yeah i get it..can A be above 80?retakes of the two subjects were very tough so this time gt might be low..:)

Reaction score
Yes it can be above 80, but that only happens in Maths or Sciences, very rarely in subjects like Islamiyat or Pakistan Studies.
Yeah, if it was a tough paper and generally went average for everyone then they might be low.

Reaction score
Hey,
Papers in 2002 did not have Mark Schemes, back then there used to be Examiner Reports only, which contained the comments and answers, here's the link to the 2002 papers and examiner reports for Pakistan Studies:

No, thresholds for O'levels are not published by CIE, the 2004 Pakistan Studies was the only occasion when they posted it.

It depends on the school, they may call you and inform you of your result OR you may be called to school on 13 August and the results will be provided.

I can't find Islamiyat and Urdu in the IGCSE section, I'll contact the mods and inform you.

there were mark schemes before too, I had for some subjects, even for the years 1999 etc.

Reaction score
there were mark schemes before too, I had for some subjects, even for the years 1999 etc.

I've never seen them. I've always seen examiner reports for these years. Still, I've only used freexampapers.com and xtremepapers.com only though.

Reaction score
Hey,

what if i show u one