• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

M2 anyone?

Reaction score
anyone help out on how to do qs where were supposed to only consider energy changes and solve smth? like my prob is when it says that... idk which energy = which energy and usually these parts i get it wrong...help out?

Reaction score
anyone help out on how to do qs where were supposed to only consider energy changes and solve smth? like my prob is when it says that... idk which energy = which energy and usually these parts i get it wrong...help out?
depends. For example-
1.u released a ball from height h and there is no air friction. as the ball falls it loses G.P.E and gains K.E. so just before impact with floor we assume all the G.P.E. is converted into its K.E.
2. this time there is air friction. work done against friction (lets say W.D.F.)= frictional force x distance travelled. so as the ball falls all the G.P.E. is converted into K.E. and some are used as W.D.F......(K.E.+W.D.F.) gained = G.P.E. lost
3. if you throw a ball from ground, it has K.E....as it goes up it gains G.P.E. and loses K.E.
4. if there is air friction it gains W.D.F and G.P.E and loses K.E....so when does the ball reaches maximum height?when G.P.E.+W.D.F= (K.E. at start)...
the thing is that to do a work against something energy from somewhere else is converted. and the total energy of a system remains constant. suppose u throw a ball with speed v and it gains K.E. This K.E. may be converted into other energies, but if you add all those other energies it should be same to the starting energy.
I'm not good in explaining stuffs, hope you get it. :)

Reaction score
depends. For example-
1.u released a ball from height h and there is no air friction. as the ball falls it loses G.P.E and gains K.E. so just before impact with floor we assume all the G.P.E. is converted into its K.E.
2. this time there is air friction. work done against friction (lets say W.D.F.)= frictional force x distance travelled. so as the ball falls all the G.P.E. is converted into K.E. and some are used as W.D.F......(K.E.+W.D.F.) gained = G.P.E. lost
3. if you throw a ball from ground, it has K.E....as it goes up it gains G.P.E. and loses K.E.
4. if there is air friction it gains W.D.F and G.P.E and loses K.E....so when does the ball reaches maximum height?when G.P.E.+W.D.F= (K.E. at start)...
the thing is that to do a work against something energy from somewhere else is converted. and the total energy of a system remains constant. suppose u throw a ball with speed v and it gains K.E. This K.E. may be converted into other energies, but if you add all those other energies it should be same to the starting energy.

how about when taking vertical displacement in projectile motion? when is it positive and when is it negative? in the equation y = usint - 0.5gt^2

Reaction score
depends. For example-
tyysmmmm!!! i got it noww :)

Reaction score
how about when taking vertical displacement in projectile motion? when is it positive and when is it negative? in the equation y = usint - 0.5gt^2
y is negative.... if u take upward to b positive then g is - and vice versa is true..

Reaction score
it was okay, only in the easiest projectile ever i wrote 14^2(sin^2x+cos^2 x) as 2*14^2.... :'(
by the way in impulse was theta=2??