• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Law as a subject in A levels and a career choice?

Reaction score
keeping it concise , i wanna know suggestions whether or not shall i opt for "Law"as an extra sub in A levels? i found it interesting and different from the rest of my three majors(phys,chem,maths) .. is it easy to cope up with? fill me in regarding its career prospect...
waiting eagerly for ur responses :)
P.S.: Feel free to share extra information , facts and figures regarding this subject !

Reaction score
Law is a proper subject.
I think you should go for sociology. That's almost the same and a very interesting subject. You'll enjoy it!

Dude i didn't give sociology in my o'levels. I guess it will be overwhelming for me to jump up to advanced level of sociology without clearing its o'level exam! wats say?

Reaction score
Dude i didn't give sociology in my o'levels. I guess it will be overwhelming for me to jump up to advanced level of sociology without clearing its o'level exam! wats say?

I took O'level sociology this October/November session. Trust me, it's a very interesting and easy subject. Plus, even if you didn't study it in O'level you can definitely ace it in A'level. Don't worry about that!
Just for your satisfaction, you can go through 'Ken browne fourth edition' to have a slight knowledge of this subject. It's gonna take you a week or so.

Reaction score
LAW is a good choice but its a bit difficult to get an A on . and it gets harder in A2 and it might affect your other subs so i think like Nayya said go for socio

Reaction score
Socio was interesting in olevels but it sucks in alevels. Trust me, I took it and suffered.

Reaction score
A-levels Law and Sociology are not difficult as long as you have the study material... in fact these two subjects are not regarded as tough subjects by most foreign universities... Pakistani universities do not care... these two subjects will not affect your career direction... the only courses in the A-levels that affect your career direction is the choice between the science subjects like chem, bio, phy and business based subjects like economics, accounting, business studies ... math is important for all careers at least initially in your undergrad studies depending upon career choice .. further math for those wanting to go into engineering, math, actuarial sciences: it is a part of Risk Assessment/Management ... so enjoy law, sociology if you want to