• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamiyat Model answers and notes!

Reaction score
previously they were didnt deduce the marks if the numbers or surrah names were not mentioned but.... from last two sessions we are instructed to do so..... that is why the question 2 was all about......
but why?
is it because students fabricate them?
or is it part of the syllabus?

Reaction score
hadith as a source of Islamic law

Attachments

• Hadith as a source of islamic law (1).pdf
    674.5 KB · Views: 34
Reaction score
hadith as a source of Islamic law
Again not like this though its good...... but u need to understand this.......
Question: How have the Sunnah/Hadis of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) being used as a source of guidance by the Muslims in Islamic Legal thinking?
Answer: “……..Whoever obeys Allah and His messenger that is a great achievement? (33:70-71)” The best of speech is the speech of Allah. That is The Book of Allah. The best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad (S.A.W). The Qur'an was revealed to him and commanded him to obey all what He had ordered him to do, that is, to expound His message to the people. Allah says, “We have revealed to you the Reminder (The Qur'an) to expound to people what was revealed to them” (16:44). The explanation of the meaning of the word or sentence or verse for which man needs an explanation, most of which bear reference to 'Mujmal' (comprehensive) verses or 'Amah' (general) verses or 'Mutlaq' (unbounded) verses. Then comes the Sunnah and clarifies the sentences and specifies the verses called 'Amah' and defines what is 'Mutlaq' that is, in reference to the saying (Qaul) of The Prophet (S.A.W), his deed (Fai'l) and the act he confirmed (Iqrar). The necessity of Sunnah to understand The Qur'an and its Parables, for example Allah says: Cut off the hand of the thief, male or female, as a recompense for that which they committed……..” (5:38) is a fitting example of that. The thief in this verse is general like the hand. The oral tradition explains the first of them and restricts it by 'as-‘sareq' (the thief) who steals is worth a fourth of a Dinar or more (Bukhari & Muslim). Again, the other is explained by the action of the Prophet (S.A.W) or the action of his companions and his confirmation. They used to cut the hand of the thief from the wrist as is known in the work of Hadis.
The oral tradition explains the hand mentioned in the verse on Tayammum (dust ablution) “…..And rub there on your face and hands……….” (5:6) is also the palm of the hand as it is stated in a Hadis Tayammum, is the wiping of the face and the hands. (Bukhari; Muslim)
There are other verses that cannot be completely understood except through Sunnah. Like:
Allah says: “When you travel on earth, there is no blame on you to shorten your prayer, for fear the unbelievers will persecute you.” (4:101) it is obvious from this verse that fear is a pre-requisite for the shortening of prayers. Some of the Prophet's companions asked him: "Why do we shorten our prayers while we feel safe?" He said: It is a charity from Allah, so accept it (Muslim).
Allah says: “……. Any (food) forbidden to be taken by one who wishes to, unless it is dead meat or blood poured forth or the flesh of swine, for it is an abomination………” (6:145).
The Sunnah has forbidden many things not mentioned in the verse mentioned above, as for example in the saying of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) like:
As the Prophet (S.A.W) is reported to have said on the Day of Khyber, “Allah and His Messenger have prohibited the consumption of domesticated donkeys, for they are filth.” (Bukhari; Muslim)
We can see the importance attached to Sunnah in Islamic Law. When we divert our intention again to the examples mentioned beside others not mentioned, we are certain that there is no way to understand the Qur'an correctly except in association with the interpretation of the Sunnah. As The Prophet (S.A.W) said: “I leave behind me two things. You will never go astray if you hold fast to them: The Qur'an and my Sunnah.” (Bukhari)

Reaction score
if it is not part of assessment but authentication then wouldnt they accept common ones like " this day have we perfected ur religion....." ?
How about those who might not remember it and change the wordings like you did...... it not we its I ......... "This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favor upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [5:3]

Reaction score
Do you think its funny.....you can ask this question from shia scolar
i wasn't........just asking a question thats all. anyway can u answer the following question

12 (a) In the Hadith you have studied what did the Prophet say and
mean when he spoke about:
(i) tolerance
(ii) evil?
Why is it important to follow the Hadith and sunnah of the Prophet?
[10]

Reaction score
i wasn't........just asking a question thats all. anyway can u answer the following question

12 (a) In the Hadith you have studied what did the Prophet say and
mean when he spoke about:
(i) tolerance
(ii) evil?
Why is it important to follow the Hadith and sunnah of the Prophet?
[10]
Write the teaching of both hadith and their importance