• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamiyat IGCSE/O'level!

Reaction score
Is it necessary to quote verse number and chapter number? Cause it's impossible to memorize all! :(

Reaction score
nope its not necessary but it do increase ur authenticity that the thing u r saying is right as it provides a reference and a bonus point in contrast it do gives a good impression on the examiner.:)

Reaction score
Is it necessary to quote verse number and chapter number? Cause it's impossible to memorize all! :(
Not "Necessary", but if u do give the reference in support to your statement(s) it would give a really good impression to the examiner.
I doubt that there are "Marks" for it. But in case u are lacking a few points, it'd help u a tad bit of course.

Reaction score
Well according to my experience there are marks for quoting verses and hadiths . I can say this because I got a B in the exam while not even studying for it , I planned to drop it but then just sat for fun. I mean because its Islamiyat and I am Allhamdullilah muslim so the paper with pillarsof faith and articles of faith and all the sortof general stuff other than history was sort of fine for me . But i did not qoute any exact verse nor even give its refrence numbers , all i did was just give a rough translation( not word to word but simply the gist ) and say , for example , found in surah baqra . So no double quotes and which chp and verse no . I am sure they fetched me a few marks .
A tip : just learn few of them and try to put them in every where and then explain on there behalf .
Hope it helps .

Reaction score
Well according to my experience there are marks for quoting verses and hadiths . I can say this because I got a B in the exam while not even studying for it , I planned to drop it but then just sat for fun. I mean because its Islamiyat and I am Allhamdullilah muslim so the paper with pillarsof faith and articles of faith and all the sortof general stuff other than history was sort of fine for me . But i did not qoute any exact verse nor even give its refrence numbers , all i did was just give a rough translation( not word to word but simply the gist ) and say , for example , found in surah baqra . So no double quotes and which chp and verse no . I am sure they fetched me a few marks .
A tip : just learn few of them and try to put them in every where and then explain on there behalf .
Hope it helps .
Like what if I memorize Ayat-ul-Kursi's translation, but it's not possible to add it up in somewhere like articles of faith and pillars of islam?

Reaction score
Like what if I memorize Ayat-ul-Kursi's translation, but it's not possible to add it up in somewhere like articles of faith and pillars of islam?

Look , ayatul kursi it can be useful such as you can take the parts of its supreme authority from it and can include it to how we should only worship Allah as He is the most powerful and worthy of worship ,He does not have human attributes such as of sleep (mentioned in ayatul kursi ) and take it to Salah (pillar of islam) , fate in good and evil( articles of fatith ) .
Also , surah ikhas is very useful for tawhid .
Then , as far as I remember there was a verse which included all the articles of faith ( hope I am not wrong ) .
Prophet is known as the living quran . If Allah was to amke the quran in human form it would be the Prophet (p.b.u.h) this is how it can be explained .
Also there is the ayat of do good and stop evil .
Surah Rahman , which of the favours of your lord will u deny - attach it to Salah , gratefullness
Modesty- if there is no haya there is no iman
Cleanliness- cleanliness is half our faith . The prophet p.b.u.h use to take part on the cleaning of the house . This is an example the contemporary husbands should take that there is no insult in helping out the wife (i remember they like practical examples as well , like how we can implement in todays time ) .
Try to make use of the ayats in the paper 1.
Besides from my experience , there would always be a way that I would try to fix the ayats i remebered somehow in the answers . If the ayats are same , explain them according to the us of them in that particular paragraph.
*always use capital He for Allah (s.w.t)
*always say p.bu.h for Prophet or (ص)

Hope it helps !
If u have any more qns feel free to ask :)

Reaction score
Here is a Question :
Q Why Prophet ( SAW ) not allowed the companions to write hadith in the early days of revelation ? (4)

Reaction score
Here is a Question :
Q Why Prophet ( SAW ) not allowed the companions to write hadith in the early days of revelation ? (4)
I'll just mention some points:
-He feared that his sayings and Quran would be mixed. Therefore, he allowed it after the compilation of Quran was completed.
-“Do not write anything from me except Quran. Anyone who wrote anything other than the Quran shall erase it.”
-After compilation of Quran, he said: “and narrate from me, for there is no harm in it”.
-He feared that people would corrupt his message.
I hope it helps :)

Reaction score
I'll just mention some points:
-He feared that his sayings and Quran would be mixed. Therefore, he allowed it after the compilation of Quran was completed.
-“Do not write anything from me except Quran. Anyone who wrote anything other than the Quran shall erase it.”
-After compilation of Quran, he said: “and narrate from me, for there is no harm in it”.
-He feared that people would corrupt his message.
I hope it helps :)
WOW !!
Thumbs Up :) That's Awesome :)

Reaction score
Question :
Q Why Allah sent Quran to an illiterate Person ? (4)
-The Prophet’s being illiterate and not knowing how to read or write is one of the greatest evidences that he was really a prophet and that he was sent by Allah, the Most-High.
-It proves that Quran was revealed by Allah, as Muhammad(PBUH) was illiterate and couldn't produce anyhting like that/confirmation of Quran
-"And you did not recite before it any scripture, nor did you inscribe one whatsoever with your right hand. Then the falsifiers would have had doubt".
- If the Prophet(PBUH) had not been illiterate, the polytheists would have claimed that what he came with was of his own invention and thoughts, and that he had collected it from previous books.

Reaction score
-The Prophet’s being illiterate and not knowing how to read or write is one of the greatest evidences that he was really a prophet and that he was sent by Allah, the Most-High.
-It proves that Quran was revealed by Allah, as Muhammad(PBUH) was illiterate and couldn't produce anyhting like that/confirmation of Quran
-"And you did not recite before it any scripture, nor did you inscribe one whatsoever with your right hand. Then the falsifiers would have had doubt".
- If the Prophet(PBUH) had not been illiterate, the polytheists would have claimed that what he came with was of his own invention and thoughts, and that he had collected it from previous books.
ALLA :)