• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ISLAMIAT PAPER 1 NEED HELP ASAP!

Reaction score
How do you answer questions like:
Q) Describe the theme ''Allah in Himself''
Q) Describe the theme ''Allah's relation with the created world''
Q) Describe the theme ''Allah's relation with his prophets''

There's a very high chance these will come as a compulsory question in P1 in my mocks (which I'll be having in a week's time) Do you need to write out the themes of the surahs under the theme i.e.
Q) Describe the theme ''Allah in Himself''
A) - intro
- theme of Ayat ul Kursi
- theme of Surah al Anaam
- theme of Surah Fussilat
- theme of Surah as Shura
- theme of Surah Ikhlas

Please tell me if the above format is correct or not...any constructive feedback would be gratefully appreciated.

Reaction score
In such questions, you need to add about 4-5 references which can be from passages in or out of syllabus. If the question specifies to use the knowledge from the passages in syllabus, thn stick to them. you have to take all the points from the main themes of the relevant passages n use references as well. It will be easier for me to tell you how you can answer and improve ur current level if you give me a sample answer u have written to any such question.

hope it helps. :)

Reaction score
Well in a question as such about the themes you are not required to go passage-wise as shown in your query. Rather, your answer must describe the concept of Tauheed as it is portrayed in these passages and in similar passages. According to Dr David Thomas you have the option to go beyond the syllabus in quoting verses portraying the theme. In the case of the theme, "Allah in Himself", you must elaborate on four points:
  • The passages describe attributes that are Unique to ALLAH
  • Allah has no family
  • Allah has no match in His Attributes
  • Allah is Perfect in His Attributes - free from all defects and weaknesses
Support in your answer each of these points with any verse whether is or isn't part of your syllabus
Hope your question is answered.

Reaction score
And what about for ''Allah's relation with created word'' and prophets? can you give me a basic outline for that? please.

Reaction score
Master Minds Okay so I have done this without the help of any sources. I would be grateful if you could check my answer, possibly provide a level and the marks I got.

Q) How does the Holy Quran describe the theme ''Allah in Himself''? [10]
A) The Holy Quran frequently mentions this Theme. It describes Allah's unlimited power and talks about the concept of Tauheed (The Oneness of Allah) The Holy Quran describes Allah's unity in Person, it states that Allah is one and he has no children nor is he the child of anyone, Surah Ikhlas gives the best description of Allah's unity, it says: ''Say: He is Allah. The One and Only. The Eternal the Absolute. He does not beget nor is he begotten''
The Quran further challenges the concept of Allah having a son by stating: ''How can he have a son when he has not consort.'' Surah Nahl also describes the physical singularity of Allah by saying: ''Your God is one God.'' This aspect of the theme ''Allah in Himself'' i.e. Allah's unity is described very frequently.
The Holy Quran also states that Allah is the creator of everything, he has created the Earth and the Heavens, as mentioned in Surah Anaam: ''To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth.'' The Quran says that Allah is the sole creator and the most sovereign, Surah Al Baqarah says that Allah's ''throne'' extends to the heavens and the earth, further Surah Anaam also describes Allah's sovereignty by stating: ''To him belongs all that is in the heavens and the Earth.'' Allah's signs have also been described in Surah Fussilat/Sajda, it says: ''Among his signs are the night and day and the sun and the moon.''
Allah is also established as omniscient and omnipotent, the Quran says that he is aware of everything, his knowledge is limitless, as said in the Quran: ''Allah knows all that is in the heavens and the earth, At another place the Holy Quran describes Allah as the one who hears and sees everything, the Quran says, ''There is nothing like unto him and he is the all hearing and the all seeing, thus the Holy Quran establishes him as the one who is aware of everything. Similarly he is also aware of man's evil desire as the Quran says that Allah is closer to man than his jugular vein.
The Quran talks about Allah's unique attributes and his matcheless power, in depth. The Quran has frequently descirbed Allah as the most merciful and the forgiving, in Surah As Shura it states that Allah has appointed angels to pray for the forgiveness of mankind, as Allah is the most forgiving and the most merciful, Surah Fateha the opening chapter also give the titles of ''most merciful, most gracious'' i.e. ''RAHMAN'' and ''RAHIM.'' Allah is not subject to human desires and to human needs, e.g. sleep or fatigue, for that reason Surah Al-Baqarah says: ''no slumber can seize him nor sleep'' Allah's power is evident by the fact that the Quran say: ''When he intends a thing, his command is ''Be'', and it is.

Reaction score
Master Minds Okay so I have done this without the help of any sources. I would be grateful if you could check my answer, possibly provide a level and the marks I got.

Q) How does the Holy Quran describe the theme ''Allah in Himself''? [10]
A) The Holy Quran frequently mentions this Theme. It describes Allah's unlimited power and talks about the concept of Tauheed (The Oneness of Allah) The Holy Quran describes Allah's unity in Person, it states that Allah is one and he has no children nor is he the child of anyone, Surah Ikhlas gives the best description of Allah's unity, it says: ''Say: He is Allah. The One and Only. The Eternal the Absolute. He does not beget nor is he begotten''
The Quran further challenges the concept of Allah having a son by stating: ''How can he have a son when he has not consort.'' Surah Nahl also describes the physical singularity of Allah by saying: ''Your God is one God.'' This aspect of the theme ''Allah in Himself'' i.e. Allah's unity is described very frequently.
The Holy Quran also states that Allah is the creator of everything, he has created the Earth and the Heavens, as mentioned in Surah Anaam: ''To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth.'' The Quran says that Allah is the sole creator and the most sovereign, Surah Al Baqarah says that Allah's ''throne'' extends to the heavens and the earth, further Surah Anaam also describes Allah's sovereignty by stating: ''To him belongs all that is in the heavens and the Earth.'' Allah's signs have also been described in Surah Fussilat/Sajda, it says: ''Among his signs are the night and day and the sun and the moon.''
Allah is also established as omniscient and omnipotent, the Quran says that he is aware of everything, his knowledge is limitless, as said in the Quran: ''Allah knows all that is in the heavens and the earth, At another place the Holy Quran describes Allah as the one who hears and sees everything, the Quran says, ''There is nothing like unto him and he is the all hearing and the all seeing, thus the Holy Quran establishes him as the one who is aware of everything. Similarly he is also aware of man's evil desire as the Quran says that Allah is closer to man than his jugular vein.
The Quran talks about Allah's unique attributes and his matcheless power, in depth. The Quran has frequently descirbed Allah as the most merciful and the forgiving, in Surah As Shura it states that Allah has appointed angels to pray for the forgiveness of mankind, as Allah is the most forgiving and the most merciful, Surah Fateha the opening chapter also give the titles of ''most merciful, most gracious'' i.e. ''RAHMAN'' and ''RAHIM.'' Allah is not subject to human desires and to human needs, e.g. sleep or fatigue, for that reason Surah Al-Baqarah says: ''no slumber can seize him nor sleep'' Allah's power is evident by the fact that the Quran say: ''When he intends a thing, his command is ''Be'', and it is.
A really well writtn aswr in my view :) so lvl 4 8-9/10 :D

Reaction score
Thanks Master Minds....just of curiosity, have you given your Islamiat exam?...if you did...what grade did you get? (just wanting to know :p)
you r most welcome ;)
yes i gave it in this nov 2013. n got A * (AlhamdullillAllah) :)
I was to give in in june 2013 bt due to tht security breach issue, i had to retake it in november.

Reaction score
If the passage specifes ''From the passages you have studied''...then can we go passage wise?
But if it doesn't then we have to write I wrote above, right?

Reaction score
If the passage specifes ''From the passages you have studied''...then can we go passage wise?
But if it doesn't then we have to write I wrote above, right?
you can go passage wise bt there's no hard n fast rule. you have to focus on the passages in the syllabus. if it doesn't u can take any passage from Quran as a refernec bt thts rare.

Reaction score
How to practise writing the Islamiat exam in time ?
I have always had a problem in finishing the paper 5 - 10 mins short of time
Does good handwriting really matter ?

Reaction score
How to write an answer on Islamic sources of law
Quran
Hadith
Ijma
Qiyas

Q2 (a) How are the secondary sources of Islamic thinking used ? [10]
(b) What is the importance of Qiyas for the Muslim community today ? [4]

Reaction score
How to practise writing the Islamiat exam in time ?
I have always had a problem in finishing the paper 5 - 10 mins short of time
Does good handwriting really matter ?
No need to be slow for good handwriting it has no credit AT ALL