• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is anybody worried about Chemistry paper 32 and Physics 32?

Reaction score
I'm sort of freaking out, even though I've prepared enough; mainly because CIE might drop a bomb on us like they did on Math paper 4, although it depends if the papers last year were "easy" or not.. :cry:

Reaction score
I'm sort of freaking out, even though I've prepared enough; mainly because CIE might drop a bomb on us like they did on Math paper 4, although it depends if the papers last year were "easy" or not.. :cry:
I've been freaking out ever since maths ppr 2 :cry: basically most of my exams were horrible :(

Reaction score
I barely studied but I'm chill about it. Don't worry. Its not the same as maths, the questions will be all about theory and you'll be given sufficient information to understand the question. As long as your concepts are clear, you'll be fine. Just make sure to do some past paper practice and maybe try to time yourself to get a feel for the exam. Then you can check your mistakes and make sure you understand them. Some people like to spend the day revising theory - that's fine as well. Whatever you do, try not to worry and unnecessarily stress yourself over it because that way you wouldn't be able to concentrate properly and you'll have a higher chance of going blank during the exam.

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do great. :)

Reaction score
I barely studied but I'm chill about it. Don't worry. Its not the same as maths, the questions will be all about theory and you'll be given sufficient information to understand the question. As long as your concepts are clear, you'll be fine. Just make sure to do some past paper practice and maybe try to time yourself to get a feel for the exam. Then you can check your mistakes and make sure you understand them. Some people like to spend the day revising theory - that's fine as well. Whatever you do, try not to worry and unnecessarily stress yourself over it because that way you wouldn't be able to concentrate properly and you'll have a higher chance of going blank during the exam.

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do great. :)

Ahhh man that was reassuring. I've done plenty of papers, so I guess I can chill now. Thanks, mate; it's just one exam after all.

Reaction score
Ughh the site was down so I couldn't get back.
Terrible. The paper was terrible, simply because I messed up in the mole concept question. What about you?

Reaction score
Ughh the site was down so I couldn't get back.
Terrible. The paper was terrible, simply because I messed up in the mole concept question. What about you?
I did alright in the mole question, though I got it wrong at first and I was about to give up but I wrote it correctly in the last minute. x was 3, right?
The rest of the paper was pretty tricky though, I just hope we don't lose too many marks. :unsure:

Reaction score
Yup, x was 3. I suck at math. At the beginning I just wanted all a*s, now I'm alright with just a's :/ ..
Do you think the grade boundaries will be low?

Reaction score
Yup, x was 3. I suck at math. At the beginning I just wanted all a*s, now I'm alright with just a's :/ ..
Do you think the grade boundaries will be low?
chemistry paper 32 last 3 question were UNFAIR the bio students said they will all get a* as half of the paper was related to bio -_-
anyways the mole one was pretty easy but i messed up in the one with yeast and enzymes bla bla..................

Reaction score
chemistry paper 32 last 3 question were UNFAIR the bio students said they will all get a* as half of the paper was related to bio -_-
anyways the mole one was pretty easy but i messed up in the one with yeast and enzymes bla bla..................

Hahah the last question is the only one I'm assured of full marks in xD.

Not exactly half the paper was related to bio, it was just the last page, a little organic/? chemistry as well maybe.

Reaction score
Funny thing is I think I messed up a little in the last organic chemistry part and did the biology related questions well. I think grade boundaries will be around normal, might be a little lower. Anyways, lets not worry about it, we'll score well hopefully. :)
And if I remember correctly, there was only one question which had bio-related stuff which was the last one, and that too was a mix of organic chemistry and basic biology. I don't think it's a big deal though, a few marks which may have been lost there were probably gained back in some other question. You'll be fine. ;)

Reaction score
did the solution become white (for fermentation) because the yeast reproduced? i thought of saying it was because of the co2 produced but co2 turns only limewater white, and there was no limewater in the apparatus?

Reaction score
did the solution become white (for fermentation) because the yeast reproduced? i thought of saying it was because of the co2 produced but co2 turns only limewater white, and there was no limewater in the apparatus?
I don't quite remember there being limewater either, that is why I said ethanol was produced as the test for ethanol makes it go cloudy.

Reaction score
I did alright in the mole question, though I got it wrong at first and I was about to give up but I wrote it correctly in the last minute. x was 3, right?
The rest of the paper was pretty tricky though, I just hope we don't lose too many marks. :unsure:
Chem was tricky wth ? lool easy af but i messed up with stochio cause i always suck in it

Reaction score
Last question was nothing related to bio .. it was an easy also an old question

Reaction score
first you write about fractional distillation then cracking of hexane to ethene and something with the equation and conditions
then you write the hydration of ethene to ethanol the equation also conditions easy 5 marks