• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

International Relations

Reaction score
hello everyone:)

I want to gather as much information about International Relations Program as possible.
if you know and have authentic information about after graduation consequences, in which universities to apply( within Pakistan or even abroad), or if you know any alumni please reply.
i'll appreciate your reply.
Thank You. ;)

Reaction score
hello everyone:)

I want to gather as much information about International Relations Program as possible.
if you know and have authentic information about after graduation consequences, in which universities to apply( within Pakistan or even abroad), or if you know any alumni please reply.
i'll appreciate your reply.
Thank You. ;)

for authentic information contact people in the field, i am the guy who googles stuff

international relations ... then stay out of pakistan ... the best job you will get here IF you are lucky would be in the PR role of an org or a spokesperson of a political party or you could do the CSS ... what you could do is do law and international relations http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/ug/2014/1528/29953

or better still do a dual LLB/JD degree .. expensive and competitive .. then progress to an JD/LLM there are quite a few qualified lawyers in pakistan use linkedin to search and you can ask them for advice about what works in pakistan Malik Munir would be a good place to start... it will open your options in the West and over here (??? guessing on the basis of you having a good degree).. but it will be tough to say the least .. if you cannot afford it then the try the LSE LLB external program

http://www.law.harvard.edu/academics/degrees/special-programs/study-abroad/joint-degree-program.html
http://web.law.columbia.edu/interna...ams/columbia-university-london-jd-llb-program

Reaction score
@teachyourself thank you so much for replying and helping me in search of this stuff.
Also, i got know that IR degree holder have many choices ahead. one of them is being ambassador of a country. Do you think it's true?:confused:

Reaction score
@teachyourself thank you so much for replying and helping me in search of this stuff.
Also, i got know that IR degree holder have many choices ahead. one of them is being ambassador of a country. Do you think it's true?:confused:

for that you need to do the CSS to join the Foreign Services Department and remember while doing the CSS earning through honest means will be impossible, until and unless you are willing to live a very very stingy life ... corruption is the way after CSS ... always check the source of your info if it is a university prospectus then be doubtful because it is a sales/marketing piece designed to get you to enroll, if it is some person tell her/him to give you real life examples

but apart from that you can beocme a journalist or poltical show host (they earn a lot), you can also try a degree in International Relations and Journalism or you can try for a UN job i guess they could use em but it will be tough to get in because careers are built on contacts and degrees .. if you have the connections sure go for it but if not then don't ... and in any case such degrees cannot teach you a lot since such jobs are more about common sense, communication skills, street smarts ... basically if you are a likeable cool person who portray the image of a workhorse you should be good for such a field

http://foreignpolicy.com/2012/01/03/the-top-ten-international-relations-undergraduate-programs/

you can try to see if you can do a Bi-major of either
i.Political Science/IR or Journalism
ii. Political Science/IR or Psychology

in such career fields you can switch and change quite easily .. it is all about understand people and listening to their bullcrap and massaging egos and some-times bullying people basically manipulation and keeping up appearances ... you can also try Public Policy

the point is to keep your options open and try not to get to fixated on one career direction most people i know have regretted their career decisions inspite of earning quite a lot ... and in such career fields since you yourself as a person is the very credential that people are assessing you for, then make sure you are never perceived as an idiot, dork, bookish, too street smart (haramy) -- and simplest way to do that is to think before you say or do anything and be realistic without any judgements about other people's preferences but be sure to take a stand when need be but also do not be like that moron Imran Khan, be like Zardari ... remember in the world of politics and in life generally it is ALWAYS about resources (money or otherwise) religion, emotions, ethics, cultures are all NOISE at best..

there are only two types of people: the haves and the have nots

Reaction score
@teachyourself Again, thank you so much for opinion and suggestions.:whistle:
one more inquiry about what do you know about Social Sciences?:eek:

P.S ALWAYS word sometimes is more GENERALIZED.

Reaction score
Last edited: