• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I'm an IGCSE Maths Teacher - Post your questions here.

Reaction score
oct/nov 2006
0580/02
Q no. 21 (a)
--------------
oct/nov 2007
0580/02
Q no. 12 and Q no. 15
------------------------
and one thing more that i have listened from my mathematics0580 teachers that the formula y - y1 = m(x - x1) is not allowed to use in igcse mathematics 0580 exam , however, only the formula y=mx+c is allowed......
is t-hat true ??????????

For the first question take the equations of the two straight lines and solve by using substitution or elimination method,the answer is point A
this is because the point A lies in the intersection of the two lines..
Since I got to give my next online class to my students,i ll inshlh give u the reply later but soon..

Last edited:
Reaction score
tutor u didnt reply me ??????? -_-
child,
Skype id:hrameeja
this is my Skype id.Just giv a request
I will giv u the direct solution..is it ok..
typing all those values,u might not understand...
I ll giv a free online class on whatever doubts u have dear...is it ok?

Reaction score
child,
Skype id:hrameeja
this is my Skype id.Just giv a request
I will giv u the direct solution..is it ok..
typing all those values,u might not understand...
I ll giv a free online class on whatever doubts u have dear...is it ok?
Hey sir :D
I have a question in set theory , in the part where n(f) and n(AuD) etc comes . How can i know the difference of n in both the cases ? Sometimes n is the number of elements in the set and sometimes it is the sum of the elements in the set ! Thank you in advance :)

Reaction score
Hey sir :D
I have a question in set theory , in the part where n(f) and n(AuD) etc comes . How can i know the difference of n in both the cases ? Sometimes n is the number of elements in the set and sometimes it is the sum of the elements in the set ! Thank you in advance :)
child contact me through through skype id,where i can share my screens to show u the concepts and clear ur doubts(y)

Reaction score
I'm an IGCSE student and I was solving a past year paper and came across a cylinder volume similarity question. I tried a lot but couldn't solve it... Here Is the question -->
There is a large mug in the shape of a cylinder, open at the top.
The internal radius of the mug is 8 cm and the internal height is 12 cm.

The mug shown in the diagram is mathematically similar to a smaller mug.
The volume of the smaller mug is 1/8 of the volume of the larger one.
Find the radius of the smaller mug.

Now this is the only part of the question where i have a difficulty...
however this is the original paper... I have a problem in Q.9 of this paper... Thank you so much!!

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...ational Mathematics (0607)/0607_s12_qp_42.pdf

Reaction score
The question is from October November 2013. QP_ 21
Please can you help me solver Q9 b)
upload_2014-3-23_15-33-39.png

the answer i'm getting is 3n- 3 but the mark scheme is saying n2-1 ( n squared)

Reaction score
Hello,

It's getting close to exam time and I'm sure there are many past paper questions that students are having difficulty with. I noticed that most questions in other threads go unanswered so I thought I'd make this thread that only contains past paper questions.

So if you have an IGCSE Maths past paper question please give the i) year ii) paper number and iii) question number. Also, you must post all your working/ideas. If you don't tell me where you're up to, I can't (and won't) help you.
Hello sir, it's very nice of you to help all of us. My Maths Paper 2 is on the 6th of May and Paper 4 is on the 12th. I'm revising these days, so can you please tell me some tips and other advice to get an A* :) thank you.
PS: if you don't mind me asking, which country are you from?

Reaction score
Hello,

It's getting close to exam time and I'm sure there are many past paper questions that students are having difficulty with. I noticed that most questions in other threads go unanswered so I thought I'd make this thread that only contains past paper questions.

So if you have an IGCSE Maths past paper question please give the i) year ii) paper number and iii) question number. Also, you must post all your working/ideas. If you don't tell me where you're up to, I can't (and won't) help you.

can u plz post notes for bearing and any tricks to solve them!

Reaction score
how to solve this question? plzzzzz helppp i have my exam 2moro:confused::confused:o_O:cry: notnek01
upload_2014-4-29_18-8-32-png.40524

Reaction score
can some one please explain maps and scales to me or if you have notes related to the topic please post it here!
thnk u so much!