• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I'm an IGCSE Maths Teacher - Post your questions here.

Reaction score
Hello,

It's getting close to exam time and I'm sure there are many past paper questions that students are having difficulty with. I noticed that most questions in other threads go unanswered so I thought I'd make this thread that only contains past paper questions.

So if you have an IGCSE Maths past paper question please give the i) year ii) paper number and iii) question number. Also, you must post all your working/ideas. If you don't tell me where you're up to, I can't (and won't) help you.

Reaction score
15​
d) Solve the equation x2+f(x)=0

Show all your working and give your answers correct to 2 decimal places

[4]​

Reaction score
15​
d) Solve the equation x2+f(x)=0​
Show all your working and give your answers correct to 2 decimal places​
[4]​
Please read my first post. You have not said which paper this is from and you haven't posted any working.

Reaction score
Hello,

It's getting close to exam time and I'm sure there are many past paper questions that students are having difficulty with. I noticed that most questions in other threads go unanswered so I thought I'd make this thread that only contains past paper questions.

So if you have an IGCSE Maths past paper question please give the i) year ii) paper number and iii) question number. Also, you must post all your working/ideas. If you don't tell me where you're up to, I can't (and won't) help you.
Please help me with this question " May/June 2010 Paper 22 Q8" . I am having trouble with the sin cosine graph. I tried using the formula sinx=sin(180-x) and cosx=-(cos180-x), but it doesn't work.

Reaction score
Please help me with this question " May/June 2010 Paper 22 Q8" . I am having trouble with the sin cosine graph. I tried using the formula sinx=sin(180-x) and cosx=-(cos180-x), but it doesn't work.
The first one is equivalent to sin(x)=cos(x) so this is where the graphs of sin(x) and cos(x) intersect.

The second one is a bit trickier : you need to find the x-value where the difference between the curves is 0.5. For example, at x=90, sin(x)=1 and cos(x)=0 --> the difference between the curves is 1. So a difference of 0.5 will occur somewhere between the intersection point (difference = 0) and x=90 (difference = 1). You can use the graphs to find this.

Reaction score
The first one is equivalent to sin(x)=cos(x) so this is where the graphs of sin(x) and cos(x) intersect.

The second one is a bit trickier : you need to find the x-value where the difference between the curves is 0.5. For example, at x=90, sin(x)=1 and cos(x)=0 --> the difference between the curves is 1. So a difference of 0.5 will occur somewhere between the intersection point (difference = 0) and x=90 (difference = 1). You can use the graphs to find this.
Thank you very much

Reaction score
Hello,

It's getting close to exam time and I'm sure there are many past paper questions that studen
ts are having difficulty with. I noticed that most questions in other threads go unanswered so I thought I'd make this thread that only contains past paper questions.

0580_w12_qp_41
Page 16, question 9, Part (c)

Reaction score
AOA.,
well in MAY JUNE,2001,p2, Q14 ,,i didnt understand the (b) part ,!!! cud u plz explain

Reaction score
AOA.,
well in MAY JUNE,2001,p2, Q14 ,,i didnt understand the (b) part ,!!! cud u plz explain
Does this diagram help?

QwhLycw
QwhLycw.jpg