• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE Mathematics 0580 Formula Sheet 2011

Reaction score
here is another formula sheet attached here!!!
Its awesome.. everything is there in it...
U r surely going to love it.. Found it from net ..thought of sharing it with u guys!!:)

Attachments

• Mathematics 0580 formula sheet.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
Reaction score
i

it's k and ur formula sheet is really nice(y) but have problems in sequence don't u have any formula for that :(

There is no formula "sheet" specifically but I do know a few formulas which can help you!!

a+d(n-1) where a is the first no. of the sequence and d is the common differnce but this is only applicable for the sinple ones

There is another formula which is applicable for all.. a+d(n-1)+1/2(n-1)(n-2)

There's one more.. this is used when the ratio between the sequence is same.. i.e ar^(n-1)

Reaction score
There is no formula "sheet" specifically but I do know a few formulas which can help you!!

a+d(n-1) where a is the first no. of the sequence and d is the common differnce but this is only applicable for the sinple ones

There is another formula which is applicable for all.. a+d(n-1)+1/2(n-1)(n-2)

There's one more.. this is used when the ratio between the sequence is same.. i.e ar^(n-1)
thank u so much ;) and the sign / means division right?

Reaction score
AND PLS TELL ME WHT DOES A, D AND N STAND FOR
AND ALSO GIVE ME A EXAMPLE COZ I AM NOT ABLE TO SOLVE IT:oops:

a is the first no. of the sequence and d is the common differnce

eg if the sequence is

then a=1
d=3

and n does not stand for anything.. it s used to find the nth term!!!

eg this is how u calculate

a+d(n-1)
1+3(n-1)
1+3n-3
3n-2

ie. 3n-2 is the answer .. this is the nth term rule for this sequence.

n is the no. of the sequence u want to search for
eg.. if u want to find the 4th no. in the sequence stated above then it will be (3*4)-2 ... so 10

similarly u can also find the 100th term of the sequnce.. just substitute n by 100

Reaction score
a is the first no. of the sequence and d is the common differnce

eg if the sequence is

then a=1
d=3

and n does not stand for anything.. it s used to find the nth term!!!

eg this is how u calculate

a+d(n-1)
1+3(n-1)
1+3n-3
3n-2

ie. 3n-2 is the answer .. this is the nth term rule for this sequence.

n is the no. of the sequence u want to search for
eg.. if u want to find the 4th no. in the sequence stated above then it will be (3*4)-2 ... so 10

similarly u can also find the 100th term of the sequnce.. just substitute n by 100

p.s: When are you giving ur boards??

Reaction score
thanx a lot:) but what if the difference is not common?:confused:
well I have my boards day after tom and the only thing I am having problems in is this sequence so ..

Reaction score
thanx a lot:) but what if the difference is not common?:confused:
well I have my boards day after tom and the only thing I am having problems in is this sequence so ..

oh.. even I m giving my boards day after tomorrow and dont worry they hardly ever us sequences in paper 2... all of this is paper 4
and can u please search the rest over the net cause I hve got 2 other papers on tueday for which I hve 2 study!!!(Bio , french and maths!!!):cry:

Then u must use the formula : ar^(n-1)

where r is the common ratio.... and if this still dosent work then u must use ur mind to derrive formulas!!!

Reaction score
even I have bio and tht's fine I will search the rest . by the way all the bst for ur boards(y)

Reaction score
the first formula sheet uploaded by mr ronald doesnt want to open , can anyone provide me with another link? thanks