• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE ICT Theory paper

Reaction score
HI
if they ask us about advantages and disadvantages of blog over wikis?????
Can we say:
ADV
1- can only be edited by the author.
2- can be useful to find people's opinion about something.
DISADV
1- can usually find mistakes.
2- cannot be used as a source for gathering information as it might be biased.
3- only has external links.
ARE THESE RIGHT??? AND WHAT CAN WE ADD MORE????

Reaction score
Done with the paper. Just do past papers and you'll get everything.

Good luck to everyone else!

Reaction score
I did the same variant! :D
btw, what did u write for the question on excel where u had to make up formulas??

I put 2 sum functions under each of the columns (total days and total duration) and an if function to see if they were the same values. How about you?

Reaction score
I did the exact same thing! But was wondering whether it was right or not! :/
Cuz some ppl just used a label instead of if function!
btw, for the duration, did u convert it into days cuz apparently some people are like its given in hours and u have to convert it into days!

Oh crap.. I didn't convert anything.. are you sure it was given in hours? All I remember was that there were numbers under the column duration :s

Reaction score
It wasn't specified that it was in hours, even I didn't convert, but some people did take the duration in hours and convert it! So now I'm not sure whether it we were supposed to convert it or not! :/

In which part of the question did they convert it exactly? And how? -Confused- :s

Reaction score
In the part where they wanted us to find out whether the sum of duration was equal to the sum of the total days!
they said they multiplied the days by 24 and then summed it up!

Oh crap.. I'd lose 3 mark if we had to D:
But think about it, there were only numbers under the duration column and function for number of days (which they had already given us in the table) didn't have anything to do with conversion. So I'm guessing those numbers under the duration column were = days .

Reaction score
Loosing 3 marks is to much to bear! :(
Exactly, that's what I thought as well! Also, the question was worth only 3 marks so how could they possibly expect us to think so much for just 3 marks and then fit the answer in 5 lines...

Yeah it doesn't make sense. You'd first have to use a formula to convert all of those numbers to days, which would require a whole new column of data. I think people just overthought that question started converting. Hopefully we're fine :)

Reaction score
I'm not accepting anything less than 2 marks for this question! :p

If either of us end up missing a A* by 2 marks.. We catch a plane to cambrdige and explain to them why we deserve atleast 2 marks for that question x)