• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE ICT may/june 2012 paper 3

Reaction score
So this is how it goes. I did my paper 3 exam like 2 weeks ago. It went pretty well, can't complain. If I am not mistaken, the query I have is related to step 52. It was the spreadsheet part, the question asked about using a formula to calculate some employee pay or something, I used nested if, and all my friends did too. When I used nested if, I used like 4 absolute references and the question specified only 2 absolute references and 1 relative should be used. Even though, I just went with nested if. There is this one guy that used a vlookup and multiplied it with another value to get the same answers, and he used the same amount of absolute and relative references that was asked in the questions. Which one did you guys use and which one is the correct one? and even if nested if is wrong, how many marks will I loose?

Reaction score
Vlookup was the one I used , and as far as what the question asks I believe it is the correct one. Although the marks are probably divided , 1 for the correct answer and 1 for the correct amount of relative/absolute references used.

Reaction score
Vlookup was the one I used , and as far as what the question asks I believe it is the correct one. Although the marks are probably divided , 1 for the correct answer and 1 for the correct amount of relative/absolute references used.
okay...I am sure I will get marks for the answers...but not for the formula...so like 7 marks gone max :/...shit...I need to do well in the theory if I am going to get that A...

Reaction score
okay...I am sure I will get marks for the answers...but not for the formula...so like 7 marks gone max :/...shit...I need to do well in the theory if I am going to get that A...

I asked my teacher and he said to score an A* you need 160/200 in all 3 papers. Since both practicals are 70 marks and the theory is 60 I think. For an A you need something around 116-120. This changes each year by 2 or 3 marks but if you think about it, even if you completely failed one practical you still have a chance for an A lol.

Reaction score
I asked my teacher and he said to score an A* you need 160/200 in all 3 papers. Since both practicals are 70 marks and the theory is 60 I think. For an A you need something around 116-120. This changes each year by 2 or 3 marks but if you think about it, even if you completely failed one practical you still have a chance for an A lol.

theory paper is 100 marks :p

Reaction score
wat was da answer for da "graph plotters are used to print newsletters"
True or False?