1. Keeping my promise (the last one!), here are the winners of the XtremePapers Contest 2012-2013 announced in 2014 :D
    Please join us in congratulating them here.

IGCSE grade boundaries

Discussion in 'CIE' started by John 1234, Apr 19, 2012.

1. John 1234

John 1234

Guys, I'm just wondering. Why are the grade thresholds for IGCSE so low!! I mean for most papers 70% is an A in an individual paper and A*'s are like 80%. Are these boundaries valid cause now i seem to understand why people perform so well in these exams!
  2. XPC Bot

Sponsored Listings
  3. John 1234

John 1234

Obviously but theyre always about the same... Still I've never seen a boundary for an A being in the 90's
  4. Spunkyfarhan

Spunkyfarhan

For Biology 0610 Paper 62 Grade "A" is = 28 Out of 40 where as Iam scoring in my School Mox and at my home practice iam scoring 36,37,38 :/ Alhamdulillah dont worry best of luck!
    Asif Nawaz Sherani likes this.
  5. Ansar

Ansar

dude not every1 is very smart some question is very challenging
    Asif Nawaz Sherani likes this.
  6. imperial

imperial

so from yo reply, only problems with mental problmes should get less dan A, they r chalenging but da tha threshold is so low that even if yo skip the queshin you get A*

pathetic
    T19 likes this.
  7. JustAnotherPerson22

JustAnotherPerson22

Many people face a lot of problems with subjects, and you should consider many people probably don't have proper IGCSE teachers to start with :/
    also, IGCSE really became famous in the last few years so many people are doing it now. This really plays a big role in setting a low curve =-p
    Asif Nawaz Sherani and T19 like this.
  8. imperial

imperial

i started studying igcse from 2 year, i studied the whole sylabus alone (even slacking to much in the progress), and still expect a* in several subjects, not sure what u r talkin about.
  9. Youssef Ali Mohammed

Youssef Ali Mohammed

Who cares, Take advantage of that thresholds while its still there :p :D I know i do :p
  10. duck1300

duck1300

thats means 80% doing igs have mental problem? since only the top 20-10% get A and the top 10-0% get A* . when your marks come out let's see if you get straight A* :)
  11. imperial

imperial

it's 80% theortically, now people can get B due to silly mistakes and other things excluding (i dont know how to solve this), anyways the fact that the threshold is low is unchanged, some paper 3 A threshold is below 60%, if you are not capable to get more than that, then you didn't study (so you deserve it) or have mental problems (unavoidable)
  12. Tedex

Tedex

Cambridge have a technique in grading papers. They make the paper at a certain standard and create sample answers. If half the god-damn world could not reach to the expectations of Cambridge, then no doubt they need to reduce the global grade. They make these papers with barely any testing, they don't know if they made it too hard, or too easy, so it makes it very difficult for them to actually pin-point the scores, and if they DO conduct testings, then your going to see answers to the paper out on the internet due to bribery, etc, and that will dampen your dreams of the only person scoring high grades.

Take it on a personal note that 10 years of you waking up and going to school paid off on August 13. If you think that other people did not deserve those marks, then they're going to get beaten with what A level offers.
  13. Fatima18

Fatima18

Well..That's just you then...You've been studying for 2 years..some people actually decideto take subjects quite late and they do it without a teacher..I can say this with conviction bcuz I've got teachers that hardly teach anything and I chose some subjects just 2-3 months back..Also, there are students that have teachers and study quite hard yet can't perform that well..not bcuz they are dumb or not capable of anything but just bcuz people have talents in different fields..I personally think that the threshold is reasonable.
    GorgeousEyes and thunderbolt like this.
  14. Gagan98

Gagan98

What if I score 38 in paper 1 and 67 in paper 3 and 34 in paper 6 in biology, what grades will I get??
  15. Gagan98

Gagan98

the grade thresholds for physics i saw for nov 2012 for papers 12,32,62 is 149 for an A*...is it out of 200 or 160?? bcz above the grade thresholds file it is written that the maximum markfor the syllabus is 200...