• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE coordinated science paper 3 25th may

Reaction score
Hey guys just done paper 3 science coordinated science extended. It went soooooo bad :( it was so horrible. How was it for you guys?? I hope grade thresholds are extremely low.

Reaction score
It was great, I knew everything except for how to convert ethene into ethanol. There wasn't anything complicated fortunately; not difficult at all, as long as you studied.

Reaction score
butene_chem_struc.gif

Reaction score
see if this helps you to determine the variant, questions about mitosis and meiosis, nuclear vision and beta particles, mammoths hibernation, kinetic energy of water falling in a waterfall, kinetic energy of a train and some hormones. swell as the hydrocarbon stuff. i studied a lot!! and i am usually an A* student but i don't know why i did soooo bad on this test, just hope paper 6 on tuesday is very easy! :p

Reaction score
oh so you're probably not doing my variant LOL. mine was variant 2! and i think it was hard too! they gave 12 questions instead of 9 like usual :(. there were evaporation, respiration, crystallisation and a lot more. there was hydrocarbon too and then there was waves and stuff

Reaction score
oh so you're probably not doing my variant LOL. mine was variant 2! and i think it was hard too! they gave 12 questions instead of 9 like usual :(. there were evaporation, respiration, crystallisation and a lot more. there was hydrocarbon too and then there was waves and stuff
see thats the problem those topics you just said i studied them in so much depth so i would have loved to take your exam. on the other hand our exam had mitosis and meiosis which our teacher didn't teach us, he just posted it was in the exam 2 days before and told us to learn it by ourselves!!!!
in my exam there was no eye or heart questions which I'm sure i would have got 100% in them! by the way our exam was also 12 questions!!!! WTF?? it was 28 pages long!! worst exam ever!!!!!!

Reaction score
I think i screwed up my exam too. specially the first q on variant 2. sux screwin up such and easy question, its difficult to forgive urself man, wat chapters do u thinks gona come up on tues?

Reaction score
well its very difficult to say cause on paper 6 its mostly questions like '' measure these leaves with your ruler and calculate the average length '' so it could be anything, other stuff related, it will probably ask about cation and anion tests as well as trends in the periodic table, I'm sure that some rate of reaction stuff is coming in and the classic magnesium with HCL question. and thats about it! what do u thinks is gonna come up?

Reaction score
aren
I think i screwed up my exam too. specially the first q on variant 2. sux screwin up such and easy question, its difficult to forgive urself man, wat chapters do u thinks gona come up on tues?
aren't you the guy that cried in the exam? hahha jk bips
variant 2 was harder than previous years...all these questions on yeast, crystallisation and other tough bio questions....
i think i got 70 which is not enough for A*.... but nothing i can do now

Reaction score
see if this helps you to determine the variant, questions about mitosis and meiosis, nuclear vision and beta particles, mammoths hibernation, kinetic energy of water falling in a waterfall, kinetic energy of a train and some hormones. swell as the hydrocarbon stuff. i studied a lot!! and i am usually an A* student but i don't know why i did soooo bad on this test, just hope paper 6 on tuesday is very easy! :p
YES I DID YOURS! Do you mind reminding me what the meisis and mitosis question was about coz im kind of freaking out about whether I missed that question lol

Reaction score
YES I DID YOURS! Do you mind reminding me what the meisis and mitosis question was about coz im kind of freaking out about whether I missed that question lol
it was state 2 differences between meiosis and mitosis, i was onlyable to say that mitosis formed clones whilst meiosis didn't

Reaction score
see thats the problem those topics you just said i studied them in so much depth so i would have loved to take your exam. on the other hand our exam had mitosis and meiosis which our teacher didn't teach us, he just posted it was in the exam 2 days before and told us to learn it by ourselves!!!!
in my exam there was no eye or heart questions which I'm sure i would have got 100% in them! by the way our exam was also 12 questions!!!! WTF?? it was 28 pages long!! worst exam ever!!!!!!
i know right! it was so long and difficult :(. i can only hope the threshold will be low
aren
aren't you the guy that cried in the exam? hahha jk bips
variant 2 was harder than previous years...all these questions on yeast, crystallisation and other tough bio questions....
i think i got 70 which is not enough for A*.... but nothing i can do now
its so much more difficult right?doing past papers didnt help me at all :(

Reaction score
well its very difficult to say cause on paper 6 its mostly questions like '' measure these leaves with your ruler and calculate the average length '' so it could be anything, other stuff related, it will probably ask about cation and anion tests as well as trends in the periodic table, I'm sure that some rate of reaction stuff is coming in and the classic magnesium with HCL question. and thats about it! what do u thinks is gonna come up?

Think electrolysis may come up

Reaction score
I think the spring thing for physics, heart rate respiration and exercise for bio and qualitative analysis for chem. ooh and food tests and flowers for bio probably