• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Ig History!! Its important!!!

Reaction score
Im taking the exam this oct/nov and my topic for paper 2 is cold war but in the specimen paper there is a question on cuban missile crisis. So is the containment policy part of the cold war?

Reaction score
The Cold war is mainly about Communism and Democracy clashing, I.E after that war, like for example when Germany was split up into zones and the Blockade. I do believe that the Cuban missle crisis does have something to do with the Cold War, however it was mainly between Russia/USSR/Soviet Union and the United States.

Reaction score
I agree and is exactly why i was worried as why would they give a question on the cuban missile crisis when our topic is cold war?

Reaction score
If I were you, I would advise going through the Missile Crisis. Since Cuba was influenced heavily by the USSR, for example in their communist government. They may ask you something about how Cuba helped Russia, or how the missile crisis contributed to the war.
Also remember, in History, there are no incorrect answers, there are however, Poorly laid out answers, to get all your marks, I would advise you use PEE- Point-Explain-Evidence. Also, take a look at http://www.mrallsophistory.com/revision/, he has revision podcasts and tips.
Im taking my exams next year in 2016, and I understand its hard to find help with History due to it not being as popular as Business or Chemistry. If you need any help, feel free to ask.
Good Luck!