• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IAL Biology on may-june 2014

nor

Reaction score
well guys
can someone explain to me p5 jan 2011 Q5)c)i) (biology)
i can't understand the answers in MSC at all :cry::unsure:
appreciate a fast reply
thx in advance

Reaction score
If youre doing Unit 6B (practical biology and investigative skills) and not the Unit 6 coursework, then you will be doing IAL and using the COPD articel for unit5
Im growing to hate this article more and more - as if we haven;t enough to do with revising for the other units!!!:mad:

Reaction score
well guys
can someone explain to me p5 jan 2011 Q5)c)i) (biology)
i can't understand the answers in MSC at all :cry::unsure:
appreciate a fast reply
thx in advance

Ha - I'm with you there!!! We had this question in our mock exam and NONE of us could understand what was going on. Teacher had to explain it about three times and even then some bits were fuzzy!!:( So youre not alone!!:)
From what we went through- the amount of O2 used is related to the amount of NADH or FADH produced - the oxygen is needed to allow the NADH/FADH to be converted back to NAD/FAD. so lactate produces the most NADH/FADH, molecule C the least.
The differences in oxygen uptake might aslo be because molecule C is very slow at getting into the cells (uptake) and lactate gets in very easily, so can be used quicker.
Points 7,9 and 10 on the MS - we just gave up on them. No-one (not even the teacher!) could work out what they were going on about or how it was relevant!!!:mad:

Anyway hope it helps - sorry if it doesnt:(

Reaction score
plzz can anyone guide me how to solve research in bio u 3b...i have to appear in may-june 2014..plzz guide mee...........

nor

Reaction score
can someone explain to me P5 jan 2012 Q4):unsure:
thx in advance
appreciate a fast reply
:)

Last edited:

nor

Reaction score
guys need an urgent help
what are the most suitable graphs for each statistical test for p8 especially those of Q3 ??
and any helpful notes for practical other than that of merchant school :confused:
thx in advance

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just quickly, as I'm freaking out a bit here about how close exams seem to be getting (!)... if you are comparing two populations/samples/experiments, you are probably going to be doing a t-Test or Mann-Whitney U test and you will be drawing a bar graph. If you are looking to see the efffect of a range of concentrations/temperatures etc, then it will be a Spearman rank correlation test and the graph will either be aline graph or a scatter graph (if there is actually no correlation at all). Chi-squared would be a bar chart too (if they ask for this) as you would be comparing different categories or groups. Someone else shout out if I'm talking rubbish :confused::confused:

nor

Reaction score
Just quickly, as I'm freaking out a bit here about how close exams seem to be getting (!)... if you are comparing two populations/samples/experiments, you are probably going to be doing a t-Test or Mann-Whitney U test and you will be drawing a bar graph. If you are looking to see the efffect of a range of concentrations/temperatures etc, then it will be a Spearman rank correlation test and the graph will either be aline graph or a scatter graph (if there is actually no correlation at all). Chi-squared would be a bar chart too (if they ask for this) as you would be comparing different categories or groups. Someone else shout out if I'm talking rubbish :confused::confused:
Don't know how to thank u for ur great help in a crucial time like that(y) &
isa /i hope u will be doing good so need to freak out lol:)
another thing is what sources do u use if u don't mind mentioning them