• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How were Chemistry Paper 11 and 31 May/June 2015

Reaction score
Refer to october november 2012 paper 3 variant 2 chemistry paper
Question 7 (a) (ii)
In short, it is a similar question to this one where mark scheme says that molecular formula could be represented like C10H21OH .......
The question asked formula, not the molecular formula

Reaction score
The question asked formula, not the molecular formula
BUT you know cambridge have never been that silly to make such a trick , and to a large extent , if your suggestion is correct, they will accept it like C10H21OH.........

Reaction score
I can't afford to lose any marks. I know for sure that I lost 8 marks in paper 6. It was the last question, I didn't even see it.
You can lose up to 10 marks in paper 6 as a MAX, 8 in paper 1 , and round about 20 in paper3 to get an A*

Reaction score
guys , I have a question , Let me just be optimistic and ask for distinctions
Does anyone know how a distinction like getting a world rank is and how can somebuddy get that.....
Thanks in advance for those who might help

Reaction score
guys , I have a question , Let me just be optimistic and ask for distinctions
Does anyone know how a distinction like getting a world rank is and how can somebuddy get that.....
Thanks in advance for those who might help
I think distinctions are awarded separately in different areas !! Maybe your school knows

Reaction score
Man do you know what ''molecular formula" means ?? It means that the formula which shows the number of different atoms in one compound !! It should be C10H22O
C10H21OH is the "actual formula" not the "molecular formula" .
molecular formula just shows all the bonds in the compound. C10H21OH is the same as C10H22O, just that it is arranged in a different way to show OH bond. But same thing, i dont know why you guys are arguing