• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How were Chemistry Paper 11 and 31 May/June 2015

Reaction score
Paper 11 was really easy for me, i might even get 100% in it (if not then in 90%'s for sure). But Paper 31 was normal. Not that hard, nor that easy. How many marks do you think you can loose in paper 3 and still get an A*. I made the dumbest mistake ever in paper 3, in the last question, I considered BrI to be lighter and didn't actually check and compare the Mr's of both the compounds given, so i chose the wrong option. It was 3 marks because we also had to explain, no i don't know if i would at least get the the marks for explanation, what do you guys think?

Reaction score
What if you write IF5 ? Is it still okay?
Yea it's correct. How did u balance that equation in organic chemistry question, which said ethylammonium(something like that i don't remember) reacting with H2SO4. I wrote the name of the salt formed as ethylammonium sulphate. As for the equation, i wrote 2 on the left. I didn't really bother to check if it was balancing :p.

Reaction score
Yea it's correct. How did u balance that equation in organic chemistry question, which said ethylammonium(something like that i don't remember) reacting with H2SO4. I wrote the name of the salt formed as ethylammonium sulphate. As for the equation, i wrote 2 on the left. I didn't really bother to check if it was balancing :p.
me toooo

Reaction score
What was the answer for paper 1 the question about white precipitate?
What was the answer for the question in paper 1 about the functional group of alcohol, does it have -oh

Reaction score
Unfortunatley it is calcium oxide , since it is thermal decompostition of CaCO3 TO CaO ,,, Sorry for saying that , but hey it is only one mark you can lose upto 8 marks and still have a chance to get an A*
Good Luck!
I can't afford to lose any marks. I know for sure that I lost 8 marks in paper 6. It was the last question, I didn't even see it.

Reaction score
Yup, that's what I got. What did you get for that formula one? I got something like C10H21OH
Also for the iodine and fluorine one I got F5I
C10H21OH is wrong i'm afraid !! coz they asked for molecular formula which means you should have written C10H22O

Reaction score
oh no no man . this was an alcohol
The normal molecular representation is like this CnH2n+1OH
So it is correct ...... no worries
Man do you know what ''molecular formula" means ?? It means that the formula which shows the number of different atoms in one compound !! It should be C10H22O
C10H21OH is the "actual formula" not the "molecular formula" .

Reaction score
Man do you know what ''molecular formula" means ?? It means that the formula which shows the number of different atoms in one compound !! It should be C10H22O
C10H21OH is the "actual formula" not the "molecular formula" .
Refer to october november 2012 paper 3 variant 2 chemistry paper
Question 7 (a) (ii)
In short, it is a similar question to this one where mark scheme says that molecular formula could be represented like C10H21OH .......