• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How were Chemistry Paper 11 and 31 May/June 2015

Reaction score
AOA!
Well both papers were harder than average, though mine were awesome !! What about yours ??

Reaction score
I thought they were alright. Nothing was that hard plus there were only 6 questions (some were a bit long), usually they're 8. Anyway, I have a question about paper 1. It was something about a limestone kiln, was the answer calcium hydroxide? Cause that's what I chose.

Reaction score
I thought they were alright. Nothing was that hard plus there were only 6 questions (some were a bit long), usually they're 8. Anyway, I have a question about paper 1. It was something about a limestone kiln, was the answer calcium hydroxide? Cause that's what I chose.
Well I Chose calcium oxide cuz limestone was added and heating by a fuel which means thermal decomposition and subsequently
I THINK that answer should be calcium oxide
Dont wanna get you wrong but just sayin......
Hope u get an easy A*

Reaction score
Well I Chose calcium oxide cuz limestone was added and heating by a fuel which means thermal decomposition and subsequently
Hope u get an easy A*
I hope so too. But where would the hydrogen atoms from the fuel go? The diagram indicated a gas being produced, I assumed it was carbon dioxide. So to balance the equation, I thought the other product would be calcium hydroxide.

Reaction score
I hope so too. But where would the hydrogen atoms from the fuel go? The diagram indicated a gas being produced, I assumed it was carbon dioxide. So to balance the equation, I thought the other product would be calcium hydroxide.
ummm sorry but you misunderstand the concept the fuel is not a part of the reaction but it is just used for heating as combustion.....

Reaction score
there was a wrong question in paper 1,they said which is more reactive z,w,y,x and there was no y.so I put anything and all my friends solve it wrong.Was it wrong right?

Reaction score
What was the answer for the properties of alcohol Does it have a functional group of -oh
Will they deduct marks if you wrote more than the specified lines because my cousin said he wrote so many lines after the specified lines
What was the answer for the white precipitate , was it A (p1)

Reaction score
They were so easy guys .....Come on i saw alot of people saying it was hard but i truly found it simple,,,,

Reaction score
Hope u get an easy A*
You are correct loaie , did same here
The thing is the kilin is supposed to produce lime from lime stone

Reaction score
Unfortunatley it is calcium oxide , since it is thermal decompostition of CaCO3 TO CaO ,,, Sorry for saying that , but hey it is only one mark you can lose upto 8 marks and still have a chance to get an A*
Good Luck!

Reaction score
there was a wrong question in paper 1,they said which is more reactive z,w,y,x and there was no y.so I put anything and all my friends solve it wrong.Was it wrong right?
Meh , you are wrong , you can revise the reactivity series then you will get it