• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was your maths 42 M1

Reaction score
I feel the same browski, but the other method seems legit to me too. The only reason it puts me off is because the value for coefficient of friction is too large. I know the coefficient of friction can be more than 1 but not as high as 5!
Exactly why i switched to the second method! μ being more than 5 is mad!!

Reaction score
I feel the same browski, but the other method seems legit to me too. The only reason it puts me off is because the value for coefficient of friction is too large. I know the coefficient of friction can be more than 1 but not as high as 5!
how could U exceed 1 lol dude.

Reaction score
how could U exceed 1 lol dude.
Exceeding 1 is possible for sure. Firstly, in real life there are materials with a coefficient of friction greater than 1. Secondly, there was a m18 question that told us to prove that the coefficient of friction is 4/3. But 5 is too high, thus that method is incorrect

Reaction score
Exceeding 1 is possible for sure. Firstly, in real life there are materials with a coefficient of friction greater than 1. Secondly, there was a m18 question that told us to prove that the coefficient of friction is 4/3. But 5 is too high, thus that method is incorrect
didn't know that, thanks. i tried the right method i guess. P +- F -mgsintheta = 0

Reaction score
Yeah common wrong answers show that there was a trend of difficult questions, so you might expect thresholds to be low. Maybe lower than last year's.