• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was your maths 42 M1

Reaction score
Hey guys just came out of the exam hall, just gave my maths m1 variant 2. How was it for you bros, really easy for me 50/50 in this one

Reaction score
what did u get for power in 2nd question? and distance travelled bw instantaneous rests?

Reaction score
Also, what was your distance in the last question and coefficient of friction? I am asking about these as they were the biggest questions

Reaction score
It was very nice.
Q1 10.5
Q2 2060kw
Q3 41.1 and 3.92
Q4 19 and 312
Q5 0.577
Q6 30 and 20m
Q7 3 and 4.8, 2.1
I got these and these are right i confirmed.

Reaction score
threshold is expected to be 51 this year.
Could be, who knows! :p
But my friends found some parts tough and got several wrong answers, not sure how. The most common wrong answers were like P=1 in Q1, 3000kw in q2 and something like 5 in the coefficient of friction question. These are the common mistakes my friends made, might not be representative of other centres though

Reaction score
But my friends found some parts tough and got several wrong answers, not sure how. The most common wrong answers were like P=1 in Q1, 3000kw in q2 and something like 5 in the coefficient of friction question. These are the common mistakes my friends made, might not be representative of other centres though
woah lol, it was very easy tbh idk how could they get it wrong. i hadn't solved even one full past paper yet and even then i aced it.

Reaction score
They got 5.20 because they flipped the direction of P:

For maximum value: P=20gsin(60)+20gcos(60)μ
For minimum value: P+20gsin(60)=20gcos(60)μ(Now this is assuming P acts down the slope, alongside component of weight)
Solving these equations gives μ=5.20
I honestly dont see whats wrong with this method? Opinions?

Reaction score
They got 5.20 because they flipped the direction of P:

For maximum value: P=20gsin(60)+20gcos(60)μ
For minimum value: P+20gsin(60)=20gcos(60)μ(Now this is assuming P acts down the slope, alongside component of weight)
Solving these equations gives μ=5.20
I honestly dont see whats wrong with this method? Opinions?
I feel the same browski, but the other method seems legit to me too. The only reason it puts me off is because the value for coefficient of friction is too large. I know the coefficient of friction can be more than 1 but not as high as 5!