• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How Was Chemistry Paper 22, MAY/JUNE 2017?

Reaction score
A catalyst takes part in the reaction but at the end of reaction you get it back so NO2 is involved in a reaction which oxidizes SO2 but since you get it back at the end of reaction so acting as Catalyst too, hence known as catalytic oxidizing agent

Reaction score
A catalyst takes part in the reaction but at the end of reaction you get it back so NO2 is involved in a reaction which oxidizes SO2 but since you get it back at the end of reaction so acting as Catalyst too, hence known as catalytic oxidizing agent
ohhh right
wtf i shoulda given it a lil more of my mind -.-

Reaction score
Does anyone know, for the identification of yellow precipitate, what have been asked, did he asked
Identify the Yellow Preciptate or he asked Name the precipitate, I actually wrote CHI3, is it right >? :p:p:p

Reaction score
Does anyone know, for the identification of yellow precipitate, what have been asked, did he asked
Identify the Yellow Preciptate or he asked Name the precipitate, I actually wrote CHI3, is it right >? :p:p:p
yes it was CHI3
i wrote the name too tho
tri iodomethane it was
how do u rate the paper btw? hard easy what?
cuz i feel like ill score low like in the high 40s or smthng

Reaction score
yes it was CHI3
i wrote the name too tho
tri iodomethane it was
how do u rate the paper btw? hard easy what?
cuz i feel like ill score low like in the high 40s or smthng

If you can remember then tell me did the examiner wrote "NAME" the precipitate or he wrote identufy, i am asking this because if a name is required then no marks will be given on CHI3. Well evceryone was saying the paper was easy, infact it was but it can be messed up so easily, the way i did, as I didnot balance the CO + NO equation and some other questions, honestly speaking the gt will be around 46 or 47 or be as high as 48 , I am expecting around 49 or 50, Well Allah (god) knows better wether i will end up with A or not. For me to get an A i have to perform good in practical and as well as MCQ component. btw if you have practised for MCQ do u find time shortage ?

Reaction score

If you can remember then tell me did the examiner wrote "NAME" the precipitate or he wrote identufy, i am asking this because if a name is required then no marks will be given on CHI3. Well evceryone was saying the paper was easy, infact it was but it can be messed up so easily, the way i did, as I didnot balance the CO + NO equation and some other questions, honestly speaking the gt will be around 46 or 47 or be as high as 48 , I am expecting around 49 or 50, Well Allah (god) knows better wether i will end up with A or not. For me to get an A i have to perform good in practical and as well as MCQ component. btw if you have practised for MCQ do u find time shortage ?
i remember writing both
but idk what he asked
i think formula it was

Reaction score
guys i think i screwed up in my chem paper 22
ill get the high 40s i believe
do u think theres still any chance of getting an A in AS n an A* in A2?

Reaction score
Though I am expecting 48 but at the same time i am expecting B in P22
whenever u r there i feel like u r gonna say something which is gonna make me feel like ill lose more marks now
XDDDD jk
dw m expecting the same but then again the gt is going to b below 45
n u maybe underestimating urself

Reaction score
Well thats give me a goosebump when i hears that gt will be below 45. Allah karey Aisey hi hoo. But the reality is this paper was easier than mayjune 16 and so the gt will be higher than 42 and the level of paper was comparitively the same or a little bit harder than the papers of may june 13 in which gt is 49 or 50, So my rough guess is GT can`t be lower than 47 or 46, but hope for the best. May Allah Succeed all of us :p (Ameen)