• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How Was Chemistry Paper 22, MAY/JUNE 2017?

Reaction score
please confirm if this is correct. I wrote this but i am not sure of the 2nd equation.. i am talking about the post right above this one

Reaction score
if u wrote NO2 role as a catalyst then you were supposed to write these ones
S02+NO2-->SO3+NO
NO+1/2o2-->NO2 Because a catalyst remains unchanged

Reaction score
What did you get relative isotopic mass for Br
It was 10.9904 or somthing.. if i messed that up it was the sig fig. Also got the last organic compound wrong.. What did you write for excess fertilizer affecting water quality?

and what about the total pressure not needed? I wrote about daltons law of partial pressure for some reason..

Reaction score
It was 10.9904 or somthing.. if i messed that up it was the sig fig. Also got the last organic compound wrong.. What did you write for excess fertilizer affecting water quality?

and what about the total pressure not needed? I wrote about daltons law of partial pressure for some reason..

Nirtrates get leached into rivers. Encourage growth of algae causing an algal bloom. Algae use up oxygen while decomposing dead plants or alvae block the sunlight so plants cant photosynthesize and produce oxygen.

For the total pressure thing I wrote that Kp has no units so its value isnt affected by pressure. I'm not too sure about that one.

Reaction score
Nirtrates get leached into rivers. Encourage growth of algae causing an algal bloom. Algae use up oxygen while decomposing dead plants or alvae block the sunlight so plants cant photosynthesize and produce oxygen.

For the total pressure thing I wrote that Kp has no units so its value isnt affected by pressure. I'm not too sure about that one.

yeah i wrote the same for nitrogen... Really hoping for 50+, think i might get it. Ive heard an A is at 45-48. What are you expecting?

Reaction score
Really hope I havent messed up the structural formulae by writing displayed instead.... There was a general shortage of space in the organic questions though right?

Yeah I had to do some of the rough working for organic questions in blank places but thats how it is usually i think

Reaction score
Really hope I havent messed up the structural formulae by writing displayed instead.... There was a general shortage of space in the organic questions though right?
in the first part it was "identify" the organic compound so in the boxes we could write structural/displayed or partial displayed formulas. In the next part it was structural formula and only lines were given so structural were a must. And in the last IR part, "names".