• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS CHEMISTRY P42 MAY/JUNE 2017 (POLL)

How was Chemistry p42 may/june 2017

• HARD

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • NORMAL

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • EASY

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
No it went like this:
60cm3 of some concentration of naoh reacted with the gases. It was 0.03 moles i think. And the excess was titrated with H+ giving 0.0054 moles. So the moles that rwacted with the gases were 0.03-0.0054

Reaction score
Guys, in the 2chlorobutane did you draw Sn1 or Sn2? I kniw that secondary can go either way, but I want to be sure.... The paper was really hard tho, but I am losing like 17 marks only. God damn that 10 marks organic ques...

Also why were the amino acids so close in the last question?

Reaction score
I think it was the transition state one i have forgotten its name. Because both of the reactants were in the rate equation

Reaction score
For the amino acid one i wrote that it was the whole phe tyr or whatever it was so it was almost isoelectronic

Reaction score
w
I got 81 too
It's because we wrote our product as NaHSO3
Technically, that product isn't wrong, but then I didn't get an acid corresponding to Mr 81, so I'm guessing that's gone all wrong.
6 marks outta the window urgh
Here's hoping they at least consider something out of it
we'd get partial marks and ecf i hope :'(

Reaction score
Carbon 13 Nmr one was 4,3 & 2 peaks right?
Also what was the product of benzene structure with hcl.. The only thing i did was change nh2 part to nh3+

Reaction score
There wasn't any nmr, no?
paper 42!! how is everyone saying there was no NMR. I mean there were no peaks to study but they asked to predict the peaks a certain compound would give on carbon 13 nmr spectrum. And then told to alter the structure to give structures with less peaks...

Reaction score
Yes, actually i vaguely remember this question, but didn't they just ask us to draw the structures out, definitely no numbers involved in the answers