• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS CHEMISTRY P42 MAY/JUNE 2017 (POLL)

How was Chemistry p42 may/june 2017

• HARD

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • NORMAL

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • EASY

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
no no I don't think so..
plus I just used 'en' instead of the whole bidentate ligand name, so it was much simpler to draw than this
ummm werent we supposed to use n------n kinda representation that the paper stated to use? also i got trans exactly right. But the optical one, shift the entire structure (left one) 1 position anticlockwise.... can i hope for at least 2 marks from for drawing mirror image... also if mine is wrong then why?...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I didn't put charges :cry: now whattttt
I think not much issue with charges as we have to just show 3d structure... do you thing what i said on above post is correct? rotating 1 step anticlockwise in the cis structure on the far left.. And 2nd structure its mirror image... i mean its.. 2 planes for Cl

Reaction score
I think not much issue with charges as we have to just show 3d structure... do you thing what i said on above post is correct? rotating 1 step anticlockwise in the cis structure on the far left.. And 2nd structure its mirror image... i mean its.. 2 planes for Cl
Oh yes I think that's fine mine was also pretty "rotated". I think that won't matter as long as the structure is correct.

Reaction score
CIE be like...

Head examiner: OK ladies and gentlemen, how do we f*** up the candidates this time?
Examiner 1: Let's test the sh*t out of AS organic chemistry. Tests for halogenoalkanes anyone?
Head examiner: *chuckles* Let's see them b*tches remember that!
Examiner 1: Why don't we make a big ass table with AgNO3 / NaOH + HNO3 tests right in the beginning? That'll stop 'em from making the organic compounds since they don't remember the tests anyway! :D
Head examiner: You my buddy, ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND!!
Examiner 3: Isomers! ISOMERS PLEASE!! CAN WE HAVE ISOMERS DADDY ?? I LOVE ISOMERS!
Head examiner: Ok ok calm down man we'll get it done geez...
Examiner 2: I know! Let's f*** up the equilibrium constants!
Examiner 3: On that note, we should f*** up the maths! Anyone up to make a weird a*s algebra question?
Examiner 2: Let's throw in some AS inorganic too!
Examiner 4: How about we leave out analytical chemistry and electrochemistry? That'll be a slap to all them stupid ass guess papers!

Head examiner: I f***ing love my job. Can't wait to write that examiner report on this one!
Now i really feel like they actually do this

Reaction score
Mr was 81
I got 81 too
It's because we wrote our product as NaHSO3
Technically, that product isn't wrong, but then I didn't get an acid corresponding to Mr 81, so I'm guessing that's gone all wrong.
6 marks outta the window urgh
Here's hoping they at least consider something out of it

Reaction score
I got 81 too
It's because we wrote our product as NaHSO3
Technically, that product isn't wrong, but then I didn't get an acid corresponding to Mr 81, so I'm guessing that's gone all wrong.
6 marks outta the window urgh
Here's hoping they at least consider something out of it

Exactly. The reason why our product is wrong though is as my friend pointed out that they emphasized that Na is in excess. So even though NaHSO3 would be formed the final product would be Na2SO3. We missed the 'excess' part. :/

Reaction score
Exactly. The reason why our product is wrong though is as my friend pointed out that they emphasized that Na is in excess. So even though NaHSO3 would be formed the final product would be Na2SO3. We missed the 'excess' part. :/
i wrote Na2SO3...
first part moles : 0.0162
2nd part: 0.00540
mr:185 (Wrong)
molecular formula :C11H21O2 (Wrong or ecf idk)
are the moles at least correct for me?