• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Biology Paper 42 MAY/JUNE 2017?

How tough was biology paper 42 may/june 2017?

• Total voters
Reaction score
For me it was tougher that may/june 2016. I think grade boundry will be low for this one. What do you think? How was it for you? My guess for gt is 55-60 considering difficuly and gts of past few years..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Overall I found the paper to be quite lengthy and difficult. I guess the threshold will be low for this. around 60s. Questions were quite new type compared to the previous years where used to be a lot of repetition in them.

Reaction score
60s was for mayjune 2016. And 56 for mayjune 2014 which was for sure easier. Anyways i am expecting higher than 70. And yes! I never had time managment problem while doing past papers.. In this one i did and it lead to a couple marks being left. :( :(

Reaction score
60s was for mayjune 2016. And 56 for mayjune 2014 which was for sure easier. Anyways i am expecting higher than 70. And yes! I never had time managment problem while doing past papers.. In this one i did and it lead to a couple marks being left. :( :(
Yes same situation. Almost all the students had problem with time management. I hope the thresholds will be low this time.

Reaction score
Oh God.

Let's just change the name of the aubject. So much was based on general knowledge.

Reaction score
Did you guys manage to complete the paper? If not, how much did you guys leave?
I left 14 marks, and I can't stop worrying about it

Reaction score
Did you guys manage to complete the paper? If not, how much did you guys leave?
I left 14 marks, and I can't stop worrying about it
in the last 30 min I managed to complete a big chunk partially. left 6 marks blank.

Reaction score
It was certainly much harder than M/J '16 or O/N '16. But I guess it was alright. What about you?
Toughest one i've solved yet, when compared to past papers from 2011-2016 all variants. Time management was the main issue. It went alright overall.

Reaction score
Imo it wasn't THAT tough. Sure it was lengthy and time consuming but i still managed to finish it 10 minutes before time ended. The questions were fairly simple and i honestly don't get why people are saying it's tough. I guess too many past papers can make you dull, monotony can be dangerous. In biological terms it can be considered as an inbreeding depression :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it was quite okay...I didn't find it lengthy either, paper 4 is always like that. But sure enough, questions weren't straight-forward like they used to be in previous years. But a little reasoning, then could be answered well.
Gt will hopefully be low because there's a lot of chance that students are gonna mess it up.
For the answer to allele A not giving color, did we have to write it in terms of gene expression?
also what did you get the ratio?

Reaction score
For Simpsons index of diversity was it to 3 significant figures or 3 decimal places?