• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was 9702 Physics paper 2

Reaction score
The paper was extremely easy,Obviously the threshold is going to be higher. Btw does anyone remember the electricity question?
What value for internal resistance did you guys get,for me it's was 2 ohms. Also what was the efficiency of the battery, my value came around 92%.

Reaction score
The paper was extremely easy,Obviously the threshold is going to be higher. Btw does anyone remember the electricity question?
What value for internal resistance did you guys get,for me it's was 2 ohms. Also what was the efficiency of the battery, my value came around 92%.
yesss yess it was 2o ohm (y);)

Reaction score
i think yes it was 92 percent .

Reaction score
question 1 which part ? yaar 2 parts thay i think second part ka meter tha srf. not meter square ? (n)
Q1 part 2. Im pretty sure it was meter square as towards the end we got the constant square(I dont remeber the letter)= meter 4 ,I just the toke a square root. :(

Reaction score
Since the Question asked to find the units of C, which was the size of the nozzle, i.e. area, m^2 is the correct answer I believe.

My friend and i both got exactly 88% in the efficiency questions tho.

Reaction score
A
Since the Question asked to find the units of C, which was the size of the nozzle, i.e. area, m^2 is the correct answer I believe.

My friend and i both got exactly 88% in the efficiency questions tho.

Yah,A couple of my friends got 88% also.What did you get for the internal resistance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think so your mistaken its was 2 not 20 but i do remember a friend saying it was 20.
yaah its 2 ohms i forgot to give space between "2 and ohms"so you misread it. actually first i also got 20 ohms first but i thought that internal resistance is normally less then 5 so i tried another method and got 2 ohms :) btw(n) how did you calculated efficiency?

Reaction score
yaah its 2 ohms i forgot to give space between "2 and ohms"so you misread it. actually first i also got 20 ohms first but i thought that internal resistance is normally less then 5 so i tried another method and got 2 ohms :) btw(n) how did you calculated efficiency?

Dude you scared me there,BTW how did you find the stress and the last part of the questions(I forgot what is was).I just used the value given for the increase to find it.

Reaction score
Dude you scared me there,BTW how did you find the stress and the last part of the questions(I forgot what is was).I just used the value given for the increase to find it.
i used increased value of strain and find the stress. bcz young modulas would give the same asnwer either you used increase value or orignal value. and in last part as we have all values we have stress and strain and the value of young modulas. i just put the values in formula of young modulas BUT in stress i wrote "the value of stress/(diemetre)^2/2 multi ply by pi :( and solve for dimeter(n) . now you tell what did you do ?

Reaction score
i used increased value of strain and find the stress. bcz young modulas would give the same asnwer either you used increase value or orignal value. and in last part as we have all values we have stress and strain and the value of young modulas. i just put the values in formula of young modulas BUT in stress i wrote "the value of stress/(diemetre)^2/2 multi ply by pi :( and solve for dimeter(n) . now you tell what did you do ?
I'll try my best remembering it.,BTW how much are you expecting

Last edited:
Reaction score
I been trying to remember the question,but I can't, Sorry.Btw do you remember any other questions so I can refresh them in my mind(Besides the radioactivity one).

Reaction score
Q1 - finding the units of pressure and finding the units for C.
Q2- The Ball rolling down and hitting a wall question. Finding the velocity and PE Etc.
Q3- The one where a bar is held off a wall and supported using another bar. A 12N weight is tied to the end. Need to also find the Stress and diameter of the wire.
Q4- The Slit experiment where we have to find the distance D, etc
Q5- the electricity one where we have to find the internal resistance and Current (.40A)
Q6- Radioactivity( decay of proton) a hadron and lepton differentiation what caused the decay and the elementary to +e charge change .