• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How to prepare for islamiat (just few days remaining) :'(

Reaction score
hello friends
i am very much depressed and cursing my life as well.
i have already paid the fees for the retake of islamiat 2058
but haven't studied anything till now :cry:

there are just 19 days remaining.
please help me how to prepare for islamiat in the best way possible in these few days.
sweetiepie, CaptainDanger, SalmanPakRocks, Ghazi Tahir, robinhoodmustafa, tomcat, hellcat, RoaringInferno, mohdumar, Dashing Cancerian (your advice really needed)
others who have also done it, please do give me advice....

please please please help me yar. :cry:

any notes, any other things, which you might want to recommend me, please do it soon....
i am very much confused....

Reaction score
hello friends

please help me how to prepare for islamiat in the best way possible in these few days.
sweetiepie, CaptainDanger, SalmanPakRocks, Ghazi Tahir, robinhoodmustafa, tomcat, hellcat, RoaringInferno, mohdumar, Dashing Cancerian (your advice really needed)

any notes, any other things, which you might want to recommend me, please do it soon....
i can explain u question attempting techniques and required practice

firstly: u still have time for preparation...and as u r retaking this exam..it will be a bit easier.....the previous posts recommend notes which r "just fine"..notes r not what u rot and which r written by others..notes r what u learned and u
concisely reproduced it for future learnings (personal notes).....study the text book according to ur syllabus requirement..don't miss a single topic!!! and add your points to the notes u r following (downloaded from xpf).

2:when u r sure u r thoroughly prepared....without delay start past paper practices....atleast 10 past years' papers is necessary if u r aiming for an A*.......plan ur attempts and work out on them honestly......

3:i strongly disagree with he past paper books e.g".redspot" because they r misleading...why follow them and waste your money when wonderful marking schemes r already available on xp!!!! follow those ms ppllllzzzz....and read and understand the examiner reports....top grades can only be achieved when u understand the questions and what the examiners demand and solve accordingly.check ur questions thoroughly..be critical..think urself as the examiner....and time your attempt..that how much time u took in sloving ur exam and all

4: Paper solving: the first question is worth 2 marks each part...don't waste time in giving lengthy responses...plz be concise and to the point ..the next 4 questions..the first part ....give at least the required points and explanation..quotations..to add value to your work..the second part : what the Muslim society believes and how it follows the mentioned techings....4 points r enough...or 3 fully elaborated points.
hope this was helpful... :)

Reaction score
hello friends

I've inboxed you my advice. The post was too big :p

Reaction score
Do as many past papers as you can... Nd you don't even have to learn it just read it with concentration read it thrice you will have it on your fingertips... i do the same... as for references u will have to learn them dude...

Reaction score
Peace be upon you brother, the very first thing you need to do is calm yourself, until n unless you are frustrated, you wont be able to do much, so stop worrying and start thinking positively, you have wasted enough time to call it wasted but don't worry about that because whatever hasgone cannot cmr back, use the time u have left to ur advantage instead of turning it into an even bigger loss, I am willing to help you personally if u need me, inbox me if you do.

Reaction score
funky brat and Mahnoorfatima, I'd end up attracting some trolls or naysayers if I did :p Lol. Nevertheless, here's the gist of what I told him:
1. Use one book only (if your exam is in November).
2. Write concisely, but completely. There's no point in writing an introductory paragraph when you can create a good impression with a well-written introductory statement.
3. Use references and quotations a) only when you're sure of their exact words. Rephrasing just gets you penalised. You can even write the gist of the reference with a reference number if you can't recall the exact words. b) in the middle of your text. Your introductory statement and conclusive statement should not be a reference, but rather an elaboration or discussion on the reference. c) only when it's relevant to the question.
4. Learn to write fast, and include as many details as possible. While the CIE examiners won't look for horrendously long answers, they will look for a tonne of details, even if your answer is not that lengthy.
5. Manage your time effectively. Try and read the whole paper properly first, so that you get an idea of what you're supposed to attempt and the possible length of your answers.
Yup. That's about it.

Reaction score
funky brat and Mahnoorfatima, I'd end up attracting some trolls or naysayers if I did :p Lol. Nevertheless, here's the gist of what I told him:
2. Write concisely, but completely. There's no point in writing an introductory paragraph when you can create a good impression with a well-written introductory statement.
3. Use references and quotations a) only when you're sure of their exact words. Rephrasing just gets you penalised. You can even write the gist of the reference with a reference number if you can't recall the exact words. b) in the middle of your text. Your introductory statement and conclusive statement should not be a reference, but rather an elaboration or discussion on the reference. c) only when it's relevant to the question.
4. Learn to write fast, and include as many details as possible. While the CIE examiners won't look for horrendously long answers, they will look for a tonne of details, even if your answer is not that lengthy.
5. Manage your time effectively. Try and read the whole paper properly first, so that you get an idea of what you're supposed to attempt and the possible length of your answers.
Yup. That's about it.
haha thnx it was helpful... :)

Reaction score
Yup. That's about it.

Thanks dude! Btw have you given isl CIE paper??? If u did what grade did you get? And plus giving reference nos? Is it necessary? Our teacher told us that the checkers won't cut our marks anyway.

Reaction score
And yes, as we would be writing our answers along with the question in the given space, Is it necessary that we have to FILL that WHOLE lot of space. I mean what if our answer's short and it doesn't fill that space?

Reaction score
haha thnx it was helpful... :)
No problem :)
Thanks dude! Btw have you given isl CIE paper??? If u did what grade did you get? And plus giving reference nos? Is it necessary? Our teacher told us that the checkers won't cut our marks anyway.
Gave it in May/June 2012. Got an A*. I think you should definitely give reference numbers. It just shows that your knowledge of the topic extends beyond your textbook and into the Qur'an too. That's always a plus point. And I think the biggest advantage of knowing reference numbers is that even if you don't remember the exact words of a reference, simply writing the gist of it by yourself and then giving the reference number gives you the same credit as quoting a reference in its exact wordings.
To cut this long story short, I think you should definitely learn the reference numbers. It's easier then remembering entire 3-line quotations
Cheers.

Reaction score
Thank you! Btw do we have to fill the whole lot of space we're given????
Not necessarily. If you can complete your answers in less than the maximum number of lines, that's good too. But given the depth and detail expected from answers for Islamiyat, I think it isn't pretty easy to write such a concise answer. The key is not to elaborate excessively, but not to be too brief or general as well.

Reaction score