• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how to improve your marks for the next year

Reaction score
hi everybody ,
i know that nobody know me here i am just new:p
anyway i decided to share my experience with you on how to improve your marks for the next year
first i want to to send a congratulation to everybody achieved his goal this year and i wish for all improvement in their study inshallah
FIRST THINGS FIRST let us say you have not achieved your goal possibly not taken the first in the class
or not taken the marks you were aiming for first do not be hard to your self take it easy and then try to sort out what made you fail example i have not study well therefore i have not wrote properly or i have not prepared properly whatever the reason was it is not possible that their no reason and you know for every action there is reaction try to find the mark scheme of this year the next year and check out your mistakes a good way to improve understanding the problem
now let us enter into the main topic how to improve your marks
first it sound for me a hard thing how it is possible to be this or this but finally i found a good way for that
  • try to become beloved by your teachers this would help you understand their subject easily
  • do extra things you were not doing before like learning an hour more a day or something same:D
  • but remember do not throw over your self an extra burden :censored:
  • try to become familiar with definitions which make you understand more
  • put a goal for yourself and promise yourself to do it
  • DO NOT BE LAZY
  • make supplications to Allah to make your marks better for the next year
now i want to introduce some study and revision tips here (specially for igcse and as and a level students)
  • igcse and a level students have a two year qualification so it is easier to them know how to study
  • first 4 to 6 month before exam
  • when you are at school try to concentrate in the class and try to catch the biggest possible amount of info
  • make notes it is very important since you revise what you learnt and you understand it which helps you before exams
  • do not try to have notes from internet or something else also don't try to copy what is in the book
  • at school after the period try to discuss what you learnt and understood during the period to your friend this will help you remember them
  • when you go back to home revise your notes that you had wrote and then try study the topic from the book to know more
  • learn or formulas definitions etc they are important specially for math and science subjects(y)
  • solve a past paper when you think you have learnt the topic try to solve it as you are in the exam
  • after solving check from the mark scheme and highlight or underline your mistakes and then try to solve another one
  • if your past papers finish download and print some from xtreme papers
  • second 2 to 3 month before exam
  • now most of the subjects learning should be done it is time for revision
  • make a revision timetable for yourself
  • when you are revising try not to make a time limit for that just when you finish a certain topic
  • make revision notes in which you can revise what you have done
  • find out your weakness points and try to improve them
  • try to read some revision guides like mine here
  • usually in revision times there is no school therefore a plan should be done to how you should invest your day
  • first wake up and have a good breakfast which can activate your mind and boost your memory
  • start revising /writing your revision notes then try to revise from the subject book
  • study for 1 or 2 hours straight but then have a break just to refresh your brain try to make something which won't distract your brain
  • study in en-lighted room which is air conditioned and nice study on a good table but don't study on your bed this will make you feel drowsy
  • after you feel you learnt again solve past papers
  • if you have a good friend you can study with him it can be a useful way
  • don't just look at your book for hours you would probably forget every thing try to make revision funny and useful
  • make breaks and pray five times a day the prayer would refresh your brain and make you more concentrated
  • make supplications to Allah and recite quran in break or free time
  • when you finish your daily aim try to make something relaxing or just talk about what you learnt interestingly
  • have a good sleep in a dark comfortable room sleeping is the thing that students usually don't know how to cope with
  • have a good food diet don't make your self too hungry or over eat this can throw an over burden on you
  • when you are studying do not study in a room with a lot of distraction
  • and do not forget to say(Allahum ini astudiuka ma hafazt frudahu li ind hajati illyh)
  • night before exam
  • i think it seem usual that if you studied before you can just make an overview to the subject you have tomorrow
  • prepare your important items pens pencils geometrical instruments calculator(check the battery you don't want it to stop during exam) Id card if you are a private student
  • check the time and date of the exam because you really don't want to miss the exam
  • have something relaxing like watching TV listening to Quran reading dikr or taking a bath before you sleep
  • have a sufficient sleep because you have a lot to do tomorrow:giggle:
  • THE DAY OF EXAM
  • wake up early
  • have a good breakfast i suggest eating some dates also
  • seek your parents approval and go to your school early
  • don't forget home exiting duaa
  • try to revise you doubts and be confident
  • go to the bath before exam starts
  • check where is your exam hall
  • if you are feeling little bit nervous take deep breaths and say alhamdu li Allah
  • remember that there is no impossible there is i'm possible
  • when you take the paper say bismi Allah AL rahman Al raheem
  • read the instructions carefully
  • read through the paper
  • have a fresh sips of water while doing the exam
  • give a time for every question or section if your are doubtful about something leave it and solve the rest then go back to it
  • if you have time check your paper again and again
  • DON'T TRY TO CHEAT for that you are only cheating your self and it is haram
  • if you finish paper before time sit quiet and revise your paper
  • when you think you forget something just say allahum sali ala sayidina muhammad
  • when you give the paper don't think of opening your book to check of what you wrote this can lead into a surprise and being depressed and can't do the next exam properly
  • TAKING THE RESULTS
  • knowing your results is a nerve shaking thing believe me although i am one of the best in my class but still every time i have to become nervous
  • when take a good thing and have achieved your goal say al hamdu li allah and pray thanks prayer a matter of two rakaahs
  • if you got something bad just be patient and say to yourself i should improve depressing now is useless but trying to improve is the best thing you can do
BONUS if have also some bonus stuff for igcse students i have a chemistry and maths coursebook but there is a problem in uploading them i don't know any for a level know but i wish this could be useful it is bbc bitesize website http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/levels/z98jmp3
i pray to allah that made us benefitted by what we learn and my last words that al hamdu li allah rbi alallamin
your brother in islam

Last edited:
Reaction score
hi everybody ,
i know that nobody know me here i am just new:p
anyway i decided to share my experience with you on how to improve your marks for the next year
first i want to to send a congratulation to everybody achieved his goal this year and i wish for all improvement in their study inshallah
FIRST THINGS FIRST let us say you have not achieved your goal possibly not taken the first in the class
or not taken the marks you were aiming for first do not be hard to your self take it easy and then try to sort out what made you fail example i have not study well therefore i have not wrote properly or i have not prepared properly whatever the reason was it is not possible that their no reason and you know for every action there is reaction try to find the mark scheme of this year the next year and check out your mistakes a good way to improve understanding the problem
now let us enter into the main topic how to improve your marks
first it sound for me a hard thing how it is possible to be this or this but finally i found a good way for that
  • try to become beloved by your teachers this would help you understand their subject easily
  • do extra things you were not doing before like learning an hour more a day or something same:D
  • but remember do not throw over your self an extra burden :censored:
  • try to become familiar with definitions which make you understand more
  • put a goal for yourself and promise yourself to do it
  • DO NOT BE LAZY
  • make supplications to Allah to make your marks better for the next year
now i want to introduce some study and revision tips here (specially for igcse and as and a level students)
  • igcse and a level students have a two year qualification so it is easier to them know how to study
  • first 4 to 6 month before exam
  • when you are at school try to concentrate in the class and try to catch the biggest possible amount of info
  • make notes it is very important since you revise what you learnt and you understand it which helps you before exams
  • do not try to have notes from internet or something else also don't try to copy what is in the book
  • at school after the period try to discuss what you learnt and understood during the period to your friend this will help you remember them
  • when you go back to home revise your notes that you had wrote and then try study the topic from the book to know more
  • learn or formulas definitions etc they are important specially for math and science subjects(y)
  • solve a past paper when you think you have learnt the topic try to solve it as you are in the exam
  • after solving check from the mark scheme and highlight or underline your mistakes and then try to solve another one
  • if your past papers finish download and print some from xtreme papers
  • second 2 to 3 month before exam
  • now most of the subjects learning should be done it is time for revision
  • make a revision timetable for yourself
  • when you are revising try not to make a time limit for that just when you finish a certain topic
  • make revision notes in which you can revise what you have done
  • find out your weakness points and try to improve them
  • try to read some revision guides like mine here
  • usually in revision times there is no school therefore a plan should be done to how you should invest your day
  • first wake up and have a good breakfast which can activate your mind and boost your memory
  • start revising /writing your revision notes then try to revise from the subject book
  • study for 1 or 2 hours straight but then have a break just to refresh your brain try to make something which won't distract your brain
  • study in en-lighted room which is air conditioned and nice study on a good table but don't study on your bed this will make you feel drowsy
  • after you feel you learnt again solve past papers
  • if you have a good friend you can study with him it can be a useful way
  • don't just look at your book for hours you would probably forget every thing try to make revision funny and useful
  • make breaks and pray five times a day the prayer would refresh your brain and make you more concentrated
  • make supplications to Allah and recite quran in break or free time
  • when you finish your daily aim try to make something relaxing or just talk about what you learnt interestingly
  • have a good sleep in a dark comfortable room sleeping is the thing that students usually don't know how to cope with
  • have a good food diet don't make your self too hungry or over eat this can throw an over burden on you
  • when you are studying do not study in a room with a lot of distraction
  • and do not forget to say(Allahum ini astudiuka ma hafazt frudahu li ind hajati illyh)
  • night before exam
  • i think it seem usual that if you studied before you can just make an overview to the subject you have tomorrow
  • prepare your important items pens pencils geometrical instruments calculator(check the battery you don't want it to stop during exam) Id card if you are a private student
  • check the time and date of the exam because you really don't want to miss the exam
  • have something relaxing like watching TV listening to Quran reading dikr or taking a bath before you sleep
  • have a sufficient sleep because you have a lot to do tomorrow:giggle:
  • THE DAY OF EXAM
  • wake up early
  • have a good breakfast i suggest eating some dates also
  • seek your parents approval and go to your school early
  • don't forget home exiting duaa
  • try to revise you doubts and be confident
  • go to the bath before exam starts
  • check where is your exam hall
  • if you are feeling little bit nervous take deep breaths and say alhamdu li Allah
  • remember that there is no impossible there is i'm possible
  • when you take the paper say bismi Allah AL rahman Al raheem
  • read the instructions carefully
  • read through the paper
  • have a fresh sips of water while doing the exam
  • give a time for every question or section if your are doubtful about something leave it and solve the rest then go back to it
  • if you have time check your paper again and again
  • DON'T TRY TO CHEAT for that you are only cheating your self and it is haram
  • if you finish paper before time sit quiet and revise your paper
  • when you think you forget something just say allahum sali ala sayidina muhammad
  • when you give the paper don't think of opening your book to check of what you wrote this can lead into a surprise and being depressed and can't do the next exam properly
  • TAKING THE RESULTS
  • knowing your results is a nerve shaking thing believe me although i am one of the best in my class but still every time i have to become nervous
  • when take a good thing and have achieved your goal say al hamdu li allah and pray thanks prayer a matter of two rakaahs
  • if you got something bad just be patient and say to yourself i should improve depressing now is useless but trying to improve is the best thing you can do
BONUS if have also some bonus stuff for igcse students i have a chemistry and maths coursebook but there is a problem in uploading them i don't know any for a level know but i wish this could be useful it is bbc bitesize website http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/levels/z98jmp3
i pray to allah that made us benefitted by what we learn and my last words that al hamdu li allah rbi alallamin
your brother in islam
First of all welcome to xpc..n jazak Allah for all ur efforts to share ur experience. ..it really means a lot