• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How should I complete my syllabus?

Reaction score
Well I don't know what title should I give to this, but um really in need of help.

Obviously like others, I've been doing my Additional Mathematics problems for months, and almost gonna finish it, I know the exam is on June, and um too late.

I'm a private candidate, and doing everything without a tutor/guide. So, hope you understand I'm helpless. (That risk is due to poor financial conditions :( )

But I checked few past papers and saw that the math problems in the paper are too higher than what I did. They seem to be a lot different! I don't think I'm able to do it.

Please help me, I can't withdraw the exam, all I gotta do is at least do something so that I can achieve an A or B.

Help! Time is running out!

Reaction score
Just take concepts from book and practice as much as you can...I was in the same condition like you in my math's exam,,,I got B due to lack of practice! I suggest you to solve all the past papers, read the mark schemes and examiner reports...and most importantly, ask help from Allah...i'm not just saying it, you should really do it! Offer prayer and pray desperately...I assure you Allah will struck you with ideas you had never known before! (it's my experience)...I can understand your situation since I have passed through the same...It was aallll self-study, just the books, the internet and the pastpapers...I got an A in Physics, perhaps it was a great achievement for me in the condition I took exams...Just don't waste any time,,, Work very hard! and you will get reward for your hard work.

Reaction score
Just take concepts from book and practice as much as you can...I was in the same condition like you in my math's exam,,,I got B due to lack of practice! I suggest you to solve all the past papers, read the mark schemes and examiner reports...and most importantly, ask help from Allah...i'm not just saying it, you should really do it! Offer prayer and pray desperately...I assure you Allah will struck you with ideas you had never known before! (it's my experience)...I can understand your situation since I have passed through the same...It was aallll self-study, just the books, the internet and the pastpapers...I got an A in Physics, perhaps it was a great achievement for me in the condition I took exams...Just don't waste any time,,, Work very hard! and you will get reward for your hard work.
ohh....thank you so much for this. I swear after hearing about your grades, the confidence in me woke up.
Um trying hard....but there is no time...I just pray everything goes perfect. :'(

Reaction score
Can I get chapterwise question paper for additional mathematics 4037?
Anyone???

Reaction score
Buy dis book-O Level Classified Additional Mathematics.
is it this one? http://books.google.com.bd/books/about/O_Level_Classified_Additional_Mathematic.html?id=kPB3_n51LcAC
I'm using this but it seems that they have extended the trigonometry part a lot...
okay, what type of questions may come in trigonometry? I mean what formulas are important and needed to learn for trigonometry? There are some "Triple - angle identities" in this book, do we need that? Does those come in exams?

Reaction score
is it this one? http://books.google.com.bd/books/about/O_Level_Classified_Additional_Mathematic.html?id=kPB3_n51LcAC
I'm using this but it seems that they have extended the trigonometry part a lot...
okay, what type of questions may come in trigonometry? I mean what formulas are important and needed to learn for trigonometry? There are some "Triple - angle identities" in this book, do we need that? Does those come in exams?
In Classified,past papers questions r given..If Triple-angle identities r given in this book,this means that these come in exam..therefore,u should practise them

Reaction score
Agreed with bakhita ... Sincere prayers from the depth of your heart will let you through anything... Allah is indeed the greatest benefactor and helper...
As for now, when u have only days left before CIE....Only do past papers 'a lot' and for minimum do 4 at least everyday and Only take the help of the book when you are really stuck.... 1st pst ppr might take time but as you will start doing it, you will Inshallah get your edge in it... Alhamdullilah I have scored good grades by following the same technique...

Reaction score
Agreed with bakhita ... Sincere prayers from the depth of your heart will let you through anything... Allah is indeed the greatest benefactor and helper...
As for now, when u have only days left before CIE....Only do past papers 'a lot' and for minimum do 4 at least everyday and Only take the help of the book when you are really stuck.... 1st pst ppr might take time but as you will start doing it, you will Inshallah get your edge in it... Alhamdullilah I have scored good grades by following the same technique...
Thanks :) And thanks to Allah that people like ya'll are here...