• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How much marks do I need to get in order to get a C in Core Maths?

Reaction score
I mean for the Pre mock exams, I got 56% of 100. So I got a D in Core Maths. So in normal standards, even 50-59 is a D grade. So how much is the minimum marks or % to get a C?

Uh yeah, I know I'm an idiot.

Reaction score
It depends on the curve if the paper is tugh then the C level would be low and vice versa

Reaction score
Aim for 70%.
So if I get 70% on 100, will that mean I get a C? I mean lets say I scored 55/56 and 102/104. That would be like 90% above, I know I'll get a C by those kind of marks, so is it like C grade has a huge range? Is it like this - C grade = 70% marks - 100%

Reaction score
No... I said aim for 70%, because... then you would have a safety margin. Wise man say, if you want to hit hawk, aim for eagle. If you want to hit eagle, aim for moon.

Reaction score
No... I said aim for 70%, because... then you would have a safety margin. Wise man say, if you want to hit hawk, aim for eagle. If you want to hit eagle, aim for moon.
Haha nicely said :) So would getting a 70% get a C grade?

Reaction score
Haha nicely said :) So would getting a 70% get a C grade?
I suppose it is likely. I can't say for certain, you know. No one can, until the grade boundaries are determined. A C should be an average mark. If you're an average student, you're likely to get a C.

If the average students around you are putting in extra effort, you should, too. After all, you are taking a standardized test, which means that it becomes a competition between you and your fellow students, rather than a contest between you and the paper, whose difficulty varies from year to year.

Hopefully though, a 70% will get you a B rather than a C. ;)

Reaction score
Too bad, since I'm in Core Maths, no matter what happens, even if I get 56/56 and 104/104, I'll only get a C grade. Core Maths is for people who are very poor in Maths. So I just wanted to know what % marks will get me a C.

Reaction score
I AM A CORE STUDENT AND ALLAHAMDULILA SCORING TOP IN CLASS BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN U R A POOR STUDENT.If u r well enough to understand maths then even extended is nothing for u :)