• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How do you prepare Quranic Passages and Hadiths of Islamiyat in O'Level?

Reaction score
Most of the students prepare 'Main Teachings' and 'The presentation of the teachings' by learning them, which I do not think is a proper way because the purpose of O'Level is to develop thinking skills then there must be another way. And also if anyone could tell what's the difference you have to make while writing 'the main theme' and 'the presentation of the theme' because the book which I have of Dr. Iftikhar-ul-Haq (a proper one to ruttofy everything) contains almost the same material in'the main theme' as well as'the presentation of the theme'
Any help would be appreciated a lot.
Thanx

Reaction score
Most of the students prepare 'Main Teachings' and 'The presentation of the teachings' by learning them, which I do not think is a proper way because the purpose of O'Level is to develop thinking skills then there must be another way. And also if anyone could tell what's the difference you have to make while writing 'the main theme' and 'the presentation of the theme' because the book which I have of Dr. Iftikhar-ul-Haq (a proper one to ruttofy everything) contains almost the same material in'the main theme' as well as'the presentation of the theme'
Thanx
for part (a), u have to write the about what does the Quranic passage/Hadith teach u. This is easier for Quranic passages as u can interpret the passage verse by verse
for part (b), u have to write about how can u apply these teachings in ur life. quote quotations in part (b) and remember to give relevant examples in part (b)

Reaction score
Thanx

I never learnt the answers to those passages or hadith.
Just read them the night before my CIE exam, and that's it. I was able to answer it by just reading the Quranic passage or Hadith in the exam. If i remembered a relevant quote from somewhere, i would quote that. But if i didn't, i wouldn't quote. In the two years i studied Islamiat, i never studied those passages.

But, yeah. You can learn their answers from Dr. Iftikhar's book or some other book. But if you think you have good writing skills, and you can make up your own answer and develop your own idea about the main theme of a passage by reading it on the day of the exam, in the limited time, then you need not to ratta-ify the answers.

Reaction score
I never learnt the answers to those passages or hadith.
Just read them the night before my CIE exam, and that's it. I was able to answer it by just reading the Quranic passage or Hadith in the exam. If i remembered a relevant quote from somewhere, i would quote that. But if i didn't, i wouldn't quote. In the two years i studied Islamiat, i never studied those passages.

But, yeah. You can learn their answers from Dr. Iftikhar's book or some other book. But if you think you have good writing skills, and you can make up your own answer and develop your own idea about the main theme of a passage by reading it on the day of the exam, in the limited time, then you need not to ratta-ify the answers.

Thanx...I am now trying the same method...but what grade you got?

Reaction score
Thanx...I am now trying the same method...but what grade you got?

A, because i screwed up in some other question about Eid-ul-Azha, or something.
But during the school exams, midterms and stuff, i tried this method.. didn't even read the night before the exam, and i got 7/8 in that question.
Others who had ratta-fied the answers, from some book or whatever, didn't get more than 6. My teacher said that Examiners want unique answers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
heyy I'm having a little trouble doing ahadith I tried your method but It's not working like you said it should like hadith is "religion is sincerity to whom?" how do I do this like what's the facts behind this how do I do it without preparing the given notes im really trying to get your method as it'll save me a ton of time