• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help with English 0500 ??

Reaction score
Hi everyone...
Okay so basically I was looking up on English 0500 (IGCSE) 's syllabus on cie website and I found this:
http://www.cie.org.uk/images/164336-2016-syllabus.pdf
I was looking for something like what should we know to give a good paper like narative writing, descriptive writing etc but I can't really find anything relating to that in the syllabus also I cant seem to understand this syllabus..
Can someone please help out? Put this in a easier way for me?
What did YOU study for your english paper?
HELP ME GUYS ...THANKS A TOOOONNN! :))

Reaction score
I didn't really prepare anything for English.

You should just read books and improve your English. Then practice loads of past papers and stuff.

Reaction score
well...i agree with dark destination...boost up ur vocabulary read books n do last 8 years past papers...thats all u need..

Reaction score
Hi everyone...
Okay so basically I was looking up on English 0500 (IGCSE) 's syllabus on cie website and I found this:
I was looking for something like what should we know to give a good paper like narative writing, descriptive writing etc but I can't really find anything relating to that in the syllabus also I cant seem to understand this syllabus..
Well... I agree with what the others have said... it is really just a matter of reading novels, newspapers etc for enhancing your vocabulary + doing past papers for polishing your writing skills.
P.S. I haven't taken the English CIE exam yet... I have to appear for it in 2016. :)

Reaction score
can anyone please give the october november 2015 english as a first language papers from teachers support or anywhere

Reaction score
Hi everyone...
See 2015 May/June and Oct/Nov past papers. I appeared in M/J 2015 and to my astonishment, the paper pattern was completely change! So please have a look at the specimen papers too. Hope this helps!