• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help required- History

Reaction score
Okay so here are the questions

Were the Round Table Conferences the most important attempt to reach a political agreement between 1919-1935. [14]
Now, I know what to write here like:
-Govt of India act 1919
-Nehru Report
-Jinnah's 14 points
-Delhi proposals 1927
-RTCS
-Govt of India act 1935.

But I don't know how to explain these events according to the question? I know exactly WHAT has happened in each event, but can't figure out how to relate it to the QUESTION?

Another question: Was the introduction of Jinnah's 14 points in 1929 the most important factor in the development of the Pakistan Movement between 1928-1935? [14]

Now I also know all the reasons for this.
-Nehru report
-Jinnah's 14 points
-RTCS
-Govt of India act 1935

But, my question is how do we explain the reasons according to the question? Obviously you won't explain WHAT the nehru report was or what jinnah's 14 points were, because your not answering the question properly..
I need help on this. Are any of you having a problem on this?
Thanks in advance, your advice will help alot..

Reaction score
yaatr pretty easy :p

A1.,Here tell abt agereement or opposition depending on the Pact after telling a little bit abt it for all do this way but u dont write
Dehli Proposals because only the Muslims did it for tring to see what they can do for protecting their rights and not for any other agreement so u dont write it here ,got it right ? :?: :p

A2 jinnah 14 points well here tell abt what the pact or that event did to help the Pakistan Movement like 14 points were written to show that hindus and muslims are seperate community and later allama iqbal built on 14 points to produce his allahbad adress. Just do this whenever u have a problem look in the MS and ER what they ask for it doesnt matter if u dont know the answer it happened to me too but what i did wrong in A2 was that i said AI 1930 adress was the most important while MS said that Jinnah 14 points was the first step in building Pakistan Movement so u try to tell here what each and every event did to develop the Pakistan movement if it did do.so u tell about the points that occurred in the event briefly like all the things that happened like success only and then tell that this had nothing to do with PM got it yaar :?:

Reaction score
Yeah okay, I kinda do get that.

But can you explain to me two things?
Like a proper description..
How did the RTC's help/not help Pakistan Movement?
How did Govt of India act 1935 help/not help Pakistan Movement?

Reaction score
Well RTC didnt help as: (here identify all the success that occurred in each RTC describe the events as it requires and then give a conclusion that these developments were of little use for Muslims in Pak Movement development as they barely did any thing for the Movement as it barely did give any power to Muslims)

For Givt of India Act describe briefly the proposals and then tell that it helped the Movement as it gave whooping powers back to centre and therefore it dissappointed ML as well as the events of act were useless and did not develop the Movement in any way !! hope u get this.Its difficult explaining this i dont know why,generally in these types of ques u just describe the event briefly and then tell in a short or brief way what it did for what the question ask in this case the PAKISTAN MOVEMENT,

Reaction score
scouserlfc said:
Well RTC didnt help as: (here identify all the success that occurred in each RTC describe the events as it requires and then give a conclusion that these developments were of little use for Muslims in Pak Movement development as they barely did any thing for the Movement as it barely did give any power to Muslims)

For Givt of India Act describe briefly the proposals and then tell that it helped the Movement as it gave whooping powers back to centre and therefore it dissappointed ML as well as the events of act were useless and did not develop the Movement in any way !! hope u get this.Its difficult explaining this i dont know why,generally in these types of ques u just describe the event briefly and then tell in a short or brief way what it did for what the question ask in this case the PAKISTAN MOVEMENT,

i donot agree wid ur 1st paragraph actually in da 1st rtc 2 muslim majority provinces got provincial status sindh n nwfp it was a big deal 4 da muslims!!!

Reaction score
rafae said:

Were the Round Table Conferences the most important attempt to reach a political agreement between 1919-1935. [14]
-Govt of India act 1919
-Nehru Report
-Jinnah's 14 points
-Delhi proposals 1927
-RTCS
-Govt of India act 1935.

But I don't know how to explain these events according to the question? I know exactly WHAT has happened in each event, but can't figure out how to relate it to the QUESTION?

Another question: Was the introduction of Jinnah's 14 points in 1929 the most important factor in the development of the Pakistan Movement between 1928-1935? [14]

-Nehru report
-Jinnah's 14 points
-RTCS
-Govt of India act 1935

But, my question is how do we explain the reasons according to the question? Obviously you won't explain WHAT the nehru report was or what jinnah's 14 points were, because your not answering the question properly..

i know itz a little bit complicated just focus on da question 1st explain da thing asked in da question then explain how it effected da pakistan movement or muslims getin political rights it can b positive n negative too!!! so basically think ov da queston! datz it!

Reaction score
I think i should be able to help...
First, write the MAIN points of the refors. For example, government of india act awarded great provincial autonomy, and greater voting rights. Then, write how it was important i.e. power of the British was decreasing, and it was important to the future of Pakistan, as it gave greater rights, thereby, allowing more people to choose who represented them.

One other thing, Dont forget :
1. Allahabad Address 1930
2. Pakistan scheme 1933.

Explaining is not easy i agree. But just do this. Write which one of the proposals of the reforms were important. And then link them to how they were important. And by important, i also mean if they were bad for the locals.

Reaction score
Yes, Scouser, so you basically have to highlight how and if each factor helped/did not help the Pakistan movement
One more question.
This is what the mark scheme somewhat says in the second question i asked.
The govt of India act 1935, in the mark scheme, it says the government of india act gave very less powers and dissapointed muslims. It further led to congress rule in which several atrocities occured and muslims had to suffer as a result.
Thus, the chief ministers of bengal, punjab, and assam all joined the muslim league which became a focal point during this time period.

My question is, the timeline given in the question is upto 1935 only. Then how are cie people in the marking key going on to explain the congress tyranny etc? This all happened after 1935.. the marking key isn't very elaborate or doesn't properly explain how these rtc's or govt of india act 1935 really helped or didn't help the pakistan movement.

Alchemist, i just wrote down what the mark scheme said that's why i didnt really include the allahabad adress or chaudri rehmat ali's factor, but yeah i guess it can be included..
I mean don't you think that
1. jinnah's 14 points
2. chaudri rehmat ali
3. allahabad adress 1930
4. nehru report

are a better explanation for the development of pakistan movement rather than the govt of india act or the round table conferences?
I still do not get why and how the RTCS promoted the development of pakistan movement :p.
Sorry to bother you guys lol

Reaction score
yaar see its not neccessary that every event does promotion some will have success while others would have failures so u got to see this correctly.
While yeah this also made me laugh that 1937 Congress rule is their i guess people might write this in conclusion that the Pakistan movement was completely developed in the congress rule so they wrote it but i think very few candidates might give this explanation.

Reaction score

ANSWER: you have to write hw sucessful they were. if yes, relate it to the question saying ; thus, it was an imp attempt. FOR EXAMPLE:

-Nehru Report: didnt give reserved seats, seprate elctorates to muslims. Muslims opposed it and rejected it . so, not an imp political attempt as it was REJECTED.

-Jinnah's 14 points: Jinnah demanded seprate electorates, 1/3rd seats in the imperial council. Balouchistan to be developed. But Hindus rejected it . Thus, wasnt an important political atempt as was REJECTED.
-Delhi proposals 1927: You dont have to write about that

-RTCS:
In the first RTC, representattive gov. was introduced at provincial level. means more imp to provinces tht had muslim majortiy. All indians agreed. Muslims pleased. Thus was IMP attempt as was implemented.

In the 1rst rtc, gandhi didnt show up. In the second, he adopted a stuborn atitutde. No major desison cud be reached without discussions with such an important politician. Thus, no major desisson reached. SO NOT IMPORTANT.

this is just an example of how u can wirte. I didint answe the whole question. hope it helped

Reaction score
Lol yeah, more elaboration might be needed on this by cambridge, as this is clearly over looked :p :p.

Oh okay Mariam, I sort of get it now. Thanks for helping out..

Reaction score
i didnt elaborate on purpose. i just wanted to make u get the point.

ue welcome. :)

Reaction score
Scouser, I already gave islamiat and urdu the previous year, so thank god I'm deprived of that headache lol.
But I've noticed that pak studies is eating up all my time =L

Reaction score
rafae said:

-Govt of India act 1919
-Nehru Report
-Jinnah's 14 points
-Delhi proposals 1927
-RTCS
-Govt of India act 1935.

-Nehru report
-Jinnah's 14 points
-RTCS
-Govt of India act 1935

Good job of Not Merely Describing but Explaining
Well in this you have to write about some of the proposals and events of RTC and then tell that how were they the most important political cause !! I mean if you write a point then try to give reason that WHY IT OCCURED OR WHAT WAS IT RESULT !! THIS IS EXPLAINATION as i have conformed this from a guy who got Distinction !! :D
Do you want me to answer this or you will do it your self ? 8)

Reaction score
salmanpakrocks said:
rafae said:

-Govt of India act 1919
-Nehru Report
-Jinnah's 14 points
-Delhi proposals 1927
-RTCS
-Govt of India act 1935.

-Nehru report
-Jinnah's 14 points
-RTCS
-Govt of India act 1935

Good job of Not Merely Describing but Explaining
Well in this you have to write about some of the proposals and events of RTC and then tell that how were they the most important political cause !! I mean if you write a point then try to give reason that WHY IT OCCURED OR WHAT WAS IT RESULT !! THIS IS EXPLAINATION as i have conformed this from a guy who got Distinction !! :D
Do you want me to answer this or you will do it your self ? 8)
answer it salman....it will be highly appreciable

Reaction score
Thanks Salman.
Well if you have the time could you just write an explanation for how the Govt of India act 1935 and RTC's helped Pakistan movement.
Only those two reasons as I still can't seem to understand them fully despite everyone trying to help :lol: .

Thanks again.

Reaction score
u jst need to focux on demand proposal and reaction these three thnygs shall be there