• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help Please! [Pak Studies]

Reaction score
I am extremely screwed right now with only 15 days remaining! I have done Section 1 and 2, but I am not sure about Section 3... Is it absolutely confirmed that 3 questions at least will come from Section 2?
How many of you are doing Section 3?
I dont want to do section 3, because I dont have the time, but on the other hand I am always in tension, that incase 3 questions come from there? Any advice?

Reaction score
No question is confirmed to come from a particular section. The syllabus is divided into sections just to help students in learning. It's only a risk which majority of the students are taking. They leave the 3rd section on the basis that probably at least three questions would come from two sections, however neither the syllabus of CIE confirms this neither any other source... I have left the last chapter of Pakistan's relations only while the remaining 3rd section, I have read once, the first two sections I have read thrice and now I am onto solving past papers from which I have solved from june 2003 to june 2006...I hope to solve the remaining ones as well...In those solved past papers, frequently I chose Q1, 2 and 3 while sometimes I chose the 4th instead of one on which I am not very clear..

I think better is that you go through the section 3 as well, so as to leave you choice and to prevent taking risk...It wouldn't take much time, at least do the problems facing pakistan after independence, that'll also do...Organize your time and plan beforehand for each day and each hour! 15 days are a LOT! My sister prepared four subjects in one month and got As and Bs...Just utilize the time n that's all!

Reaction score
Thanks... I am pretty confident I can do till Zia maybe, many people do it till there.... I am assuming that even if CIE gives 3 questions from Relations which they most probably can't and won't, since majority aren't dong it the percentile system will save our arse...

All I want to know is how many people are actually doing relations as well... BTW I solve past papers, but I dont do them written all the time, I usually do them orally, but once in a while I also do it written, just to manage speed.... Is this practice okay, or should I do all of them written!?

Reaction score
Thanks... I am pretty confident I can do till Zia maybe, many people do it till there.... I am assuming that even if CIE gives 3 questions from Relations which they most probably can't and won't, since majority aren't dong it the percentile system will save our arse...

All I want to know is how many people are actually doing relations as well... BTW I solve past papers, but I dont do them written all the time, I usually do them orally, but once in a while I also do it written, just to manage speed.... Is this practice okay, or should I do all of them written!?
in my opinion, doing orally doesn't benefit as much as doing written does...if i miss a day's goal, I also do it orally but it's very rare and I do my best to write each and everything down.. not only this practice makes you remember all facts but it also helps in time management which we'll need in paper. Also don't forget to read the mark scheme and examiner report beside solving papers...they are as much important but rather more important than solving papers!

Reaction score
I am extremely screwed right now with only 15 days remaining! I have done Section 1 and 2, but I am not sure about Section 3... Is it absolutely confirmed that 3 questions at least will come from Section 2?
How many of you are doing Section 3?
I dont want to do section 3, because I dont have the time, but on the other hand I am always in tension, that incase 3 questions come from there? Any advice?

In the syllabus they have not specified the maximum number of questions that can come from one Section. There's a minimum of one question so that means that most proably three questions can from one Section. And if that turns out to be Section-3 ...
I've done Sec-3, so easy. Only left Benazir's second reign since it's difficult. Read it like a story and you'll get the hang of it.