• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HELP! PHYSICS Paper 5 (A-level practical)

Reaction score
Hello,
Regarding paper 5, Is there any site with detailed drawings and answers?
Any suggestions to where or what i can get helped with in this paper?
As it isn't included in my theory part that I study from.
Will be really thankful :D

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!

I'm attaching the Paper 5 Tips!
I'd been struggling with Paper 5 recently! But believe me, I'm alright with it now by Allah's grace! :)

What I suggest is first read out these tips. Then start solving some questions, the one's you think you can atleast decide, or may be you can understand that situation! Open the mark scheme and the examiner report, refer both of them side-by-side, and write down your answer!

I'm sure, after you've solved a few papers this way, you'll find Paper 5 really easy. That's what happened with me! :)

Hope this helps! Good luck!!! :)

Attachments

• A Level Physics Paper 5 Tips.pdf
    209.4 KB · Views: 3,799
Reaction score
wa aalaykom assalaam wa rahmatu Allah.
Thanks for the notes, Jazaak Allah khayran!
Hope it works!

Reaction score
would someone give me tips about the first question of physics p5 that i have attached with diagram needed to draw :evil:

Attachments

• 9702_nos_sp_5.pdf
    194.3 KB · Views: 725
Reaction score
HEY,
PAPER 5, MJ 2007, Q2

Can someone give me the absolute errors in the table? it's not available in the mark scheme, + Q2a, what should be my statement after re-arranging the equation?

Reaction score
Hey guys, can anyone teach me how to find out gradients and y intercepts from given equations, for e.g if the equation given to us was R=T^h/g then how do you determine gradient and y intercept on terms of g and h? The question also mentioned something about plotting lg r on y axis and lg t on x axis.. It's w 11 Q2.. Help please, I'm really struggling with this paper.

Reaction score
Hey guys, can anyone teach me how to find out gradients and y intercepts from given equations, for e.g if the equation given to us was R=T^h/g then how do you determine gradient and y intercept on terms of g and h? The question also mentioned something about plotting lg r on y axis and lg t on x axis.. It's w 11 Q2.. Help please, I'm really struggling with this paper.

In terms of log, it will be..
LogR = (h/g)LogT
And you can compare this to y= mx + c
m(gradient) = h/g
While y-intercept in this case is zero.
And y Is logR and x is logT :)

Reaction score
apply log on both sides i.e lgR =h/g lgT
Compare Y = M X + C
Y=lgR
M=h/g
X=lgt
C=0

Reaction score
Also, how do we find the error in the value of y intercept of the line of best fit?
Error/uncertainty in gradient = gradient of line of best-fit - gradient of worst acceptable line

Error/uncertainty in y-intercept = y-intercept of line if best-fit - y-intercept of worst acceptable line

Reaction score
Haha guys thanks but the h was actually in the power and g was being divided by t^h, well I get the question now, can some one please open up w 11 and solve part d (i)? Marking scheme says k= 10^2 * y intercept but shouldn't it just be 10^y? Where did the 2 come from? :/ please help guyssss

Reaction score
anyone tel me how to calculate absolute errors when 2 dimensions multiplied