• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help needed regarding EM!

Reaction score
Hey XPCian’s

I needed help with something!
Okay…so I have given 7 IGCSE subjects but I want one more.

I was thinking of Environmental Management (0680).
I have seen a couple of threads for it and I have quickly scanned the 2015 syllabus.I want to register for May/June 2015 session but I’m a bit confused about it AND have dozens of questions regarding EM.

EM is not an option at my school and there are no tutors for it either, so if I do take this subject I’ll have XPC and the textbook. This will hopefully be enough…right?

Will I be able to do EM if I don’t know geography?
Do I need to memorize a lot of things?

Does this subject require a lot of time?I will be studying for A1 school exams as well, do you think I will be able to manage both of them or does EM need a couple of months ‘specially’?
If I start studying for it in February will I be able to complete the syllabus in time for the summer session exam ?
( I read in some thread that this subject needs a couple of months of preparation?? I want to do EM this summer session I don’t want to keep it for October/November but I also want a good grade!)

Can anyone answer my questions….or…. suggest any other easy subject for IGCSE for which I can prepare in less time.

[If you know anyone who has given this subject do tag them here.]

Please and thank you!

Reaction score
EM is a pretty easy subject.
The time required to prepare depends on the person. Some study it for three complete years. Others complete it in a couple of months, or even less.

But yes, it is possible for you to appear for EM in May-June 2015 but you'll have to work really hard.

Another easy subject is Sociology. You can check that out as well.

Reaction score
EM is a pretty easy subject.
The time required to prepare depends on the person. Some study it for three complete years. Others complete it in a couple of months, or even less.

But yes, it is possible for you to appear for EM in May-June 2015 but you'll have to work really hard.

Another easy subject is Sociology. You can check that out as well.
YEARS! now that is scaring me!
I can work hard....but is it possible to give EM and study the A1 portions that will be taught in school?
How long did you take to prepare for it?
Do I need to know geography for it?
Sociology......I did see it but (I think) I will like EM more.DO you think Sociology is easier?

Reaction score
YEARS! now that is scaring me!
I can work hard....but is it possible to give EM and study the A1 portions that will be taught in school?
How long did you take to prepare for it?
Do I need to know geography for it?
Sociology......I did see it but (I think) I will like EM more.DO you think Sociology is easier?

It depends on the person. Some people study it for years and get a B.
Others study it for a couple of months and get an A grade.

Honestly, i studied it only for 3-4 days. [I was appearing for 13 subjects in one session, so didn't really have a choice]
Still ended up with an A* though. But what i did doesn't matter..

It is possible for the average person to prepare the complete EM syllabus in 3-4 months. And i have seen people do that.

EM is a mixture of Chemistry, Biology, and Geography.. and some general knowledge stuff.
You don't need to know Geography, specifically, but it sure helps if you know it.

Sociology and EM are equally easy. Sociology requires a lot of learning and stuff. EM is more conceptual.

And yes, it is possible to do the A1 stuff along with EM. But again, depends on how easy you find A1 to be.

Reaction score
EM is a great subject to study you have a great probability of scoring an A*,Since you have a lot of time.
But I still think you should go for subjects like Statistics or Economics.Case may differ from person to person but I found these subjects really easy and can be prepared within a time of 2-3 weeks.

Reaction score
EM is a great subject to study you have a great probability of scoring an A*,Since you have a lot of time.
But I still think you should go for subjects like Statistics or Economics.Case may differ from person to person but I found these subjects really easy and can be prepared within a time of 2-3 weeks.
I do really hope i get an A*!
Statistics....... is not for IGCSE and Economics....I think it is too much.....are sure one can prepare for it in WEEKS?
When did you give EM and how did it go?

Thank you

Reaction score
It depends on the person. Some people study it for years and get a B.
Others study it for a couple of months and get an A grade.

Honestly, i studied it only for 3-4 days. [I was appearing for 13 subjects in one session, so didn't really have a choice]
Still ended up with an A* though. But what i did doesn't matter..

It is possible for the average person to prepare the complete EM syllabus in 3-4 months. And i have seen people do that.

EM is a mixture of Chemistry, Biology, and Geography.. and some general knowledge stuff.
You don't need to know Geography, specifically, but it sure helps if you know it.

Sociology and EM are equally easy. Sociology requires a lot of learning and stuff. EM is more conceptual.

And yes, it is possible to do the A1 stuff along with EM. But again, depends on how easy you find A1 to be.
Just 3-4 days...MASHALLAH!
Congratz!
Okay. Thanks a lot!
I think I will like EM.
In Sha ALLAH.....EM

Reaction score
I do really hope i get an A*!
Statistics....... is not for IGCSE and Economics....I think it is too much.....are sure one can prepare for it in WEEKS?
When did you give EM and how did it go?

Thank you
As i said differ from person to person,I prepared for both in about 2-3 weeks.
I gave EM last May/June. I got an A* ,as i mentioned it is easy to score an A* but the foremost important thing is read the book it really helped me a lot practice of past papers is necessary but i think Book really helped me more.

Reaction score
As i said differ from person to person,I prepared for both in about 2-3 weeks.
I gave EM last May/June. I got an A* ,as i mentioned it is easy to score an A* but the foremost important thing is read the book,it really helped me a lot,practice of past papers is necessary but i think Book really helped me more.
Yes...right.
Congratz!
Got it ....study a lot from book.
I don't have the book yet.....but I did download some notes from here.(I could not find an e-book.)
What book did you study from? Did you practice a lot of past papers or like maybe just a few recent ones?

Reaction score
What text book did you guys study from?
130401030318fU268qO4.jpg

Was it this one?

Reaction score
Yes...right.
Congratz!
Got it ....study a lot from book.
I don't have the book yet.....but I did download some notes from here.(I could not find an e-book.)
What book did you study from? Did you practice a lot of past papers or like maybe just a few recent ones?
I practise past papers usually when i am completely satisfied with notes or done with textbook.

Reaction score
Hey XPCian’s

I needed help with something!
Okay…so I have given 7 IGCSE subjects but I want one more.

I was thinking of Environmental Management (0680).
I have seen a couple of threads for it and I have quickly scanned the 2015 syllabus.I want to register for May/June 2015 session but I’m a bit confused about it AND have dozens of questions regarding EM.

EM is not an option at my school and there are no tutors for it either, so if I do take this subject I’ll have XPC and the textbook. This will hopefully be enough…right?

Will I be able to do EM if I don’t know geography?
Do I need to memorize a lot of things?

Does this subject require a lot of time?I will be studying for A1 school exams as well, do you think I will be able to manage both of them or does EM need a couple of months ‘specially’?
If I start studying for it in February will I be able to complete the syllabus in time for the summer session exam ?
( I read in some thread that this subject needs a couple of months of preparation?? I want to do EM this summer session I don’t want to keep it for October/November but I also want a good grade!)

Can anyone answer my questions….or…. suggest any other easy subject for IGCSE for which I can prepare in less time.

[If you know anyone who has given this subject do tag them here.]

Please and thank you!
Yah like u can get A*
Even I m gonna give but now I gave a exam recently that our school prepared nd I got A* Soooooo
Though if u need notes then I can giv u

Reaction score
Can anyone of you tell me something about Alternative to coursework ( ATC) paper?

Reaction score
Yah like u can get A*
Even I m gonna give but now I gave a exam recently that our school prepared nd I got A* Soooooo
Though if u need notes then I can giv u
I sure hope so!
Yes...do share notes.
Are you going to give EM in May/June session?
If yes...How long have you been studying for it?