• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help needed in igcse and A-level grades for university

Reaction score
Right now, I am trying to plan for the worst case scenario for my grades .
I am currently interested into studying in medical college to pursue my dreams in working in genetic engineering but my university( in egypt) is requiring 8A* in OL AND 1A* in AL for admission and any single subject below A* will not be accepted. I was wondering what actions I could take if I ended up with 5A* and 3A in OL and an A* In AL? ( I am talking about a public university here and there is no medical college in private universities in my country)

Any help is very appreciated :D

Reaction score
I am currently interested into studying in medical college to pursue my dreams in working in genetic engineering but my university( in egypt) is requiring 8A* in OL AND 1A* in AL for admission and any single subject below A* will not be accepted. I was wondering what actions I could take if I ended up with 5A* and 3A in OL and an A* In AL? ( I am talking about a public university here and there is no medical college in private universities in my country)

Wtf 8 A*s 0.0
The university has got to be empty then :p
Lol I don't know anything about the criteria for Egyptian institutes. Google can help you maybe :p

Reaction score
Wtf 8 A*s 0.0
Lol I don't know anything about the criteria for Egyptian institutes. Google can help you maybe :p
well bro, in egypt, education is one of the filthiest thing you will ever see. lol, i can get a C in all OL subjects and still be accepted in medicine in cambridge( but in return you need 3 a-levels or 2-alevels and 1 As and get an A* in all of them although it is still easier because not everyone can score good grades in igcse from the first time)

Reaction score
Wtf 8 A*s 0.0
by the way, what did you mean when you said "the university has got to be empty" ? are you saying that it's very tough to enter this university? :p

Reaction score

It is EITHER you have 8 A*s OR you have 1 AL subject or 2 AS subjects right?
Saly Elkady
Noor Mohammed
If you girls can help?

Reaction score

It is EITHER you have 8 A*s OR you have 1 AL subject or 2 AS subjects right?
Saly Elkady
Noor Mohammed
If you girls can help?
WELL , ITS NOT LIKE U SAID IT ACTUALLY KAREEM
THEY ASK FOR 8 OL
BUT NOT 8 A*
U ACTUALLY TRY UR BEST TO GET AN A* CUZ THEY ONLY TAKE 20% OF IGCSE STUDENTS
THERE IS ALWAYS A RE-SIT OPTION
BTW THERE R MEDICAL IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES LIKE PHAROS UNIVERSITY IN ALEX IF U EVER HEARD OF IT
BUT ITS ALWAYS A BETTER CHOICE TO GO WITH THE PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES

Reaction score
THEY ASK FOR 8 OL
BUT NOT 8 A*
BTW THERE R MEDICAL IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES LIKE PHAROS UNIVERSITY IN ALEX IF U EVER HEARD OF IT
No actually there are Unis that want nothing less than A* in OL. :/
And yes for that re sit option.

Reaction score
No actually there are Unis that want nothing less than A* in OL. :/
And yes for that re sit option.
NOPE MN
THEY SAY FROM A* TO C
BUT IF FOR EXAMPLE THIS UNI GOT 5000 ADMISSION BY IGCSE STUDENTS ONLY 1000 STUDENT WILL BE ACCEPTED AND THOSE 1000 ARE MOST PROBABLY THOSE WHO GOT HIGHER GRADES THAN THE OTHER 4000
GOT IT ?

Reaction score
THEY ASK FOR 8 OL
BUT NOT 8 A*
So it's pretty easy then ryt ?
kareem22010 got that ? :p

Reaction score
NOPE MN
THEY SAY FROM A* TO C
BUT IF FOR EXAMPLE THIS UNI GOT 5000 ADMISSION BY IGCSE STUDENTS ONLY 1000 STUDENT WILL BE ACCEPTED AND THOSE 1000 ARE MOST PROBABLY THOSE WHO GOT HIGHER GRADES THAN THE OTHER 4000
GOT IT ?
A friends brother had to repeate.Since he didnt get A* in OL.Im not saying all Unis have this law but some might.
And youre right about acceptance.

Reaction score
THEY ASK FOR 8 OL
BUT NOT 8 A*
I am going for Cairo university because I will transfer to Cairo.

Reaction score
LOL DID I FORGET TO TELL THAT IN RETURN U GRADUATE AS ONE OF THE BEST DOCTORS ?
HERE IN KSA , MOST OF THE DOCTORS ARE EGYPTIANS FOR A REASON BTW :p
But did they take igcse? I don't think most of them did besides, the local country exams are much easier than igcse exams.