• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help me make it!!!

Reaction score
Assalam aleikum, I really need help figuring out how to effectively study for my A levels, I failed my As exams and Im now resiting them as I sit for my A2 exams. I could come up with a thousand excuses as to why i failed but in all honesty it was cause i wasnt serious and barely read. I know Im capable of getting straight As i just need to focus and develop an effective way of studying. Please help me.
Im sitting for Biolgy, Math(pure, statistics and mechanics) and physics.
I know im late in asking for help but better late than never yeah? Please help me.

For any sister who is willing to help me I'll gladly offer my contact details. Shukran.

Reaction score
Assalam aleikum, I really need help figuring out how to effectively study for my A levels, I failed my As exams and Im now resiting them as I sit for my A2 exams. I could come up with a thousand excuses as to why i failed but in all honesty it was cause i wasnt serious and barely read. I know Im capable of getting straight As i just need to focus and develop an effective way of studying. Please help me.
I know im late in asking for help but better late than never yeah? Please help me.

For any sister who is willing to help me I'll gladly offer my contact details. Shukran.
W.salam
Frst of all dnt loose hope.... Be sure ur capable of gettng gud grades
Start evrythng wth a fresh mynd.....start the course frm beginning md finish it all
Simultaneously u can do the corresponding qtns of chaps ur finished wth
As far as maths is comcerned.....thts all abt practice....the more u prac...the btr u understand
Write down all ur doubts nd the chaps u hv prob in nd get th, clarified parallerly
IA Allah will help u....if u hv any doubts regardng AS part feel free to ask me
May success be on ur feet :)

Reaction score

Do past papers (topic wise) with friends it will help you learn;even those topic you have missed.

Reaction score

Walikumasalam
Yep better late then never! :D
I would say firstly have a copy of the (updated )syllabus so that you know what you need to know and just so you don't waste anytime on unnecessary details.
I think after revising a topic you could do the End of chapter questions for Physics and obviously there are Past papers!
For Bio and Phys there will be practicals papers as well so take care.
For maths I think these threads might help
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/maths-p1-solved.36373/
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/the-ultimate-maths-thread-for-a-as-level.36407/
[NOTE: These aren't my threads all credit goes to The Chill Master]

If and when you get the time check this thread :) Oka?
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/tips-to-get-a-in-alevels.19983/
[Again this isn't my thread....this thread was made by XPFMember]
For biology you should do topical papers because I think in Bio you need to remember a lot of things so when you do the papers you will get to know what topic you need to work on!
Be sure to post your doubts here so you have clear head and don't panic before exam.
In Sha Allah you will do well!
Tell yourself this ( if it makes sense to you) I CAN if I WILL and I WIL if I CAN!

Best of Luck!

Reaction score

W/Salam
Firstly, don't fret.
Secondly,when are you giving a level's, if in 2016 you have got a bunch of time.
I don't know anything about Biology, but for Math's I would say get the syllabus & straight off mark those things you think you have either mastered or with a little practice you can,skip those topics and go to the topics in which you think you are weak check their topical's which My Name have posted above go through them.
For Physics I will suggest go with this two books
1.Cambridge Official Physics book( I don't remember the exact name)
2.Calculations for a-level Physics(this book is simply amazing all numericals are solved in a brilliant way with amazing explanation)
In Sha Allah hope for the best, believe in yourself and the most important point DON'T PANIC!

Reaction score
Walikumasalam
I would say firstly have a copy of the (updated )syllabus so that you know what you need to know and just so you don't waste anytime on unnecessary details.
I think after revising a topic you could do the End of chapter questions for Physics and obviously there are Past papers!
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/the-ultimate-maths-thread-for-a-as-level.36407/

For biology you should do topical papers because I think in Bio you need to remember a lot of things so when you do the papers you will get to know what topic you need to work on!
Be sure to post your doubts here so you have clear head and don't panic before exam.
Tell yourself this ( if it makes sense to you) I CAN if I WILL and I WIL if I CAN!

Best of Luck!
Thank's for the Share. :)

Reaction score
Walikumasalam

Best of Luck!
that helped me too,thanks for providing the links

Reaction score

For maths(pure) ..if you are done with all the topics then simply complete all the Past pprs of P1 like in 3-4 days ...and for P3 just solve one paper or two papers on daily basic till the mid of april ...and then give like few complete days(3-4) for P3 and this way you'll have a grip on pure maths section..ie P1 and P3
same goes for M1 and S1 and you should do these before may exams cz u wont find any time in the may to practice them ..infact u'll barely find a time to revise them.

For phy ..just aim at P2 and P4 ...and as Gt's of these pprs are less so take max advantage of it. For P4 ...start preparing from the applications part ...atleast by doing this your 30 marks will be at a safe side ....then have a grip on magnetism and quantum electricity ...and If u attempt these questions correctly your A in P4 will be confirmed.
and for P1...u can practice the pprs like from 25th may-6-7 may cz i guess P1 pprs are somewhere in june.
for P5 ...all u have to to do is to know the techniques and rules ...and just read the MS of past papers rather then wasting the time on solving the pprs and in the end u can do 2-3 pprs for ur satisfaction.

And lastly ...plan your stuff according to the date sheet for your examinations.