1. The papers section has been updated with the latest CIE May/June 2015 resources for most of the subjects.

Click here for more information or to discuss
    Dismiss Notice

Help in Islmiat and PakStudies.

Discussion in 'Cambridge O Levels' started by SinisterHere, Apr 20, 2017.

1. SinisterHere

SinisterHere

Aoa everyone, i'll be giving my olveles exams of Urdu and PS this may starting from 3rd may and i don't even have two weeks left. My problem is when i start writing any islmiat question (10 marks) or History ( 7 14) as i try to write superfast, i always start writing in illegible writing mostly sometimes not completing words and i heard from someone else that he dropped from an A* to B just because of Persian-like small illegilble writing (almost like me). My learning is alhumdulillah perfect but my writing is NOT :( . ADVICE ME SOMETHING in these 12 days left..
    Thankyou..

2. XPC Bot

Sponsored Listings
  3. SinisterHere

SinisterHere

4. amerfarooq

amerfarooq

First off, how does he know he dropped to a B due to his writing? CIE doesn't tell you this sort of stuff. And secondly, when it comes to writing, show your material to a few people and ask them if they can read it. You have a problem when they can't make out the words or reasonably infer them from the spelling. If this is the case, the obvious advice would to be try writing slowly. Yes, I know you need to write fast in these exams, but you don't need to be going at Mach speeds. Try practicing this. Now, if you do have a serious problem and what your writing is totally illegible, then yes, you better believe it will affect your grade. It's also a human thing; if the examiner is having a hard time reading your answer, he might be stricter in his marking. Now, don't panic. Like I said, practice writing slowly and remind yourself of this whenever you being answering any question. Also, you need to vigilant with this sort of stuff. I know you're a kid and all, but noticing this 2 weeks before the exams is just dumb. Be smart.

5. ZameerShaikh74

ZameerShaikh74

Does the examiner uses the Marking Scheme completely for checking the Paper or he/she uses his/her knowledge as well.

6. Syed Arzam Sher

Syed Arzam Sher

Well I was in a similar situation last year while giving pak std paper as my teacher told me that my writing is very cursive and that I might lose marks for it. I had to change my writing. I was too slow with my new writing style but trust me paper of Pak Std doesnt require top writing speed. I was able to finish it in within an hour.I cant say the same for ISL as I am giving that in this session.
    And yes one of my friend also lost marks due to bad handwriting and infact he was better than me in history and he got B grade while I got A.